ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the owner of a 99 Mk2 Sport - a special edition UK model, which I have had for two years. Nurburgring'er, trackday'er and all round petrolhead.

:cool:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Currently trying to convince my GF to drive to the ring this spring break. Not going so well. Welcome!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love the Nurburgring! I did 15 laps within the first two weeks of buying my mx5, a scary but revealing place to get to know a new (to me!) car. Unfortunately insurance is a b!tch in the UK, every policy out there excludes the 'ring now... on the upside, I know someone who organises track days there now, so another 'ring trip is on the cards as soon as I can afford it!

Loving the haters... In fairness, the feeling is mutual, I spent three months out on the west coast last year - I'm desperate to get back there! If I could move out there I probably would, but a visa is tricky, even though I have an American parent. Oh and I'd have to work out a way of importing a few of my favourite toys over...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep yep. A T350 - its Dads car really though. Used to have a TVR Cerbera 4.5 too, briefly had both... great cars, I'd have to get one over to the states somehow if I moved there.

Thanks for the welcome, I know no one really hates me here, its all in jest... although I think phillyb might??!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Love the Nurburgring! I did 15 laps within the first two weeks of buying my mx5, a scary but revealing place to get to know a new (to me!) car.
I know that feeling! I was over there within a week of buying mine too. Scary, but fun!

Welcome over. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks guys.

Vegard - A Sagaris is very nice, but £20k more than our T350c... and no quicker in a straight line. Infact, with our new suspension - Nitron NTR 3way race adjustables - I don't think it would have the edge anywhere, and we're still talking £17k cheaper.

Also, when we bought it - we were not sure if we were going to sell the old Cerbera either - we nearly used it as a competition car, but unfortunately sold it. :( I'll buy it back again someday!

I do loooove the T350 though, it is surprisingly similar in size to the mx5, just slightly wider.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts