ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Royal with Cheese
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

First, please excuse my poor rusted english. :oops:

I heard about this excellent website on the french owners website MX5 Passion and I've been reading it for several weeks now. :)

I'm from Paris and my beloved car is a '91 NA 1.6l. 8)

I wanted to keep it stock but things got out of control... :lol:
=> HKS Silent HiPower cat back, HKS Type 2 manifold, Jackson Racing intake, JUN flywheel, Buddy Club Racing Spec coilovers, H&R anti-roll bars, JIC, Cusco and IL motorsport bars, Cusco side bars, Advan RG wheels, etc... :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Bonjour!

i am suprised how you keep it looking nice around parisian roads, i drove around there a few years back and it was mad!!

you have some really nice parts on your car, more pictures required!

·
Royal with Cheese
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your welcome. :D

Bonjour!

i am suprised how you keep it looking nice around parisian roads, i drove around there a few years back and it was mad!!
It is mad. Mix typical french behavior with poor roads, mad bikers and the biggest traffic jams in Europe, and the only safe solution is to take the subway, which is what I do. I only use my car to have fun outside the city on week ends. :wink:

you have some really nice parts on your car, more pictures required!

I can't stand those wheels anymore, too small and way too golden. :p
I'm going for a set of black Rota Track R 15s with polished lip in a near future. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
thanks for the exhaust pic, its the same as the exhaust i have just removed (broken) from my car and i didnt know what ti was!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
PS i thought car modification wasn't allowed in France?

·
Royal with Cheese
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the exhaust pic, its the same as the exhaust i have just removed (broken) from my car and i didnt know what ti was!!
Where did it break ? :?

PS i thought car modification wasn't allowed in France?
Herr... yes, you right. Theoritically, being not standard with non homologated parts, my car could be seized and crushed but the reality is quiet different : if you don't drive like mad and your car is not aesthetically over the top, police don't really care. The biggest problem I could have would be with my insurance if I was involved in a serious car accident. :|

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
How do you like the Buddy Club coilovers?

I hear good things about them, but here in the US, no MX-5 owner has them.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Whenever you get around to replacing those Advans, feel free to send them my way, I can deal with the gold color juuuuuust fine. :)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Oh my, you have a nice parts list going there, including owning one of the headers I want very much so(others include the AR-F full titanium one :D )...

Anyways, welcome.

·
Royal with Cheese
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you like the Buddy Club coilovers?

I hear good things about them, but here in the US, no MX-5 owner has them.
This coilovers are really on the stiff side, even with the softest setting. I like them this way, the car feels like a go-kart now, but on bad roads, the ride can be rough. :|

Whenever you get around to replacing those Advans, feel free to send them my way, I can deal with the gold color juuuuuust fine. :)
As I had to sell a kidney and my kids'neighbour on ebay to buy them, I think I'll keep them for trackdays, but if I change my mind, you'll be the first to know. :p

Oh my, you have a nice parts list going there, including owning one of the headers I want very much so(others include the AR-F full titanium one :D )...

Anyways, welcome.
This manifold was so easy to fit : as it come in just one part instead of two for the old one, I thought it would be a complete nightmare, but it went straight on, the biggest problem being to get the sensor out from the old header. :)

I thought it was a bit too close from the coolant hoses so I replaced the OEM ones with silicon ones and wrapped them with a heat shield. :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Salut! Je ne sais pas comment tu peut conduire en Paris...Crazy traffic!

So my french isn't the greatest anymore, either.

Belle Voiture mon ami!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Bonjour.
Nice ride.
You in France aren't chase buy the police like in Portugal. It's very sad, you can't lower the car and even put a conic air filter is illegal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Like yours a bunch. White Miatas are the best. :D

I spent a semester in the 15th arrondissement. I miss a lot of things about Paris.

·
Registered
459 Posts
hi tricky, from california usa. nice miata... alot better than my junker which the previous owner neglected that i bought from. but still, fun car and good gas saver. how much is a gallon of gas in france anyways?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts