ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i just stumbled upon this site tonight after checking up the miata.net forums. (havent logged into miata.net since january :shock: )
i have a '95 miata that i bought back in '02 for $5k with 38k on the clock. its been through a lot of adventures, and luckily it emerged in one piece through all of them. the car has been sitting for a year now while i've been cruising around in my ho-hum '99 protege.
i'm a technician at Tustin Mazda, so i'm working hard to bring my car back to life.
i'm sorry if i'm typing a bunch of short sentences. its 2:30 am and i dont think my brain is functioning correctly :|

i'm wondering if anyone here recognizes my car?

my car

i have more images of my car through its phases in the garage album and my photobucket or cardomain album. links are on the sig

cheers!
dan

M

·
0 Posts
...the car has been sitting for a year now...i'm a technician at Tustin Mazda, so i'm working hard to bring my car back to life.
What's wrong with your car that you, a Mazda Tech, haven't been able to fix in a whole year?

Come to our weekly Friday night meet once you get it running.

Welcome to CR.net!

Bill

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum! I personally don't recognize your car on the street (I'm from Westminster), but i'll keep an eye out for you!

Which roads were those in your garage section?
thanks! my car has been MIA from the streets since october '05... but it will probably be popping out of the woodwork in a month. the mtn roads are a mix of gmr, turnbull cyn, and some random hills/lookout points in hacienda heights

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...the car has been sitting for a year now...i'm a technician at Tustin Mazda, so i'm working hard to bring my car back to life.
What's wrong with your car that you, a Mazda Tech, haven't been able to fix in a whole year?

Come to our weekly Friday night meet once you get it running.

Welcome to CR.net!

Bill
thanks for the welcome!

haha, i know. upper tank on my radiator cracked, and i just lagged for the longest time to buy another radiator. i did a pressure test on it and with one pump, coolant barfed all over my pants. grr
i just need to get some insurance and a radiator for my roadster, since i transferred the insurance to my slowtoday protege.

anyone have a radiator for sale?

·
Registered
368 Posts
GUNWOO...

Welcome to the forum. Its cool to see other people who are in the industry here. I write service @ Nissan of Buena Park...and used to be in sales @ Shelly BMW with Dicker (Derek).

I guess we just really love cars, huh? Heheh...

those wheels are dope as hell!
You like those CRX wheels, huh, Derek?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Took your dear sweet time getting here! More of my miata bretheren are here!

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GUNWOO...

Welcome to the forum. Its cool to see other people who are in the industry here. I write service @ Nissan of Buena Park...and used to be in sales @ Shelly BMW with Dicker (Derek).

I guess we just really love cars, huh? Heheh...

those wheels are dope as hell!
You like those CRX wheels, huh, Derek?
thanks for the warm welcome guys. yes it feels good to see brothers in the field (industry) it gives us all a stronger bond =)

yes, i have a thing for "hole" wheels

even my protege can't escape the fury

"holey" wheel fetish? it all started when i was a kid. and its this car's fault:

the mach-5 is also guilty.

·
MNAO Technical Ops
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
damn! nice hole wheels! where did you you those? welcome
i got them used a bit after i bought my car. i had a few sets of other wheels on my car, but decided to slap these holy rollers on with 175/65 tires on since i was commuting from irvine to rancho cucamonga everyday. it was also a study to see if it improved fuel economy. i wrote a little thing about it on my cardomain page about it

theyre light, crappy for brake cooling, and have limited brake clearance. plus the size is narrow. besides all this, i just like the look :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts