ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own two MX-5´s. A 2004 Mazdaspeed and a 2001 Sport. But because of norwegian taxes on tuned cars I am selling the Mazdaspeed (imported from America = not allowed to do anything) so I can do some serious stuff with the 2001 sport (no taxes if the car has been registrated in Norway over 10 years).

Nazdaspeed

2001 Sport.

A shitload of mods is needed:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I worked with Norwegian guy when I was stationed in the Netherlands and he ended up selling his BMW due to the exurbanite taxes he was going to pay if he tried to import it into Norway. I think we as Americans take our hobby for granted sometimes. I don't think it would be where it is today if we had stiffer rules and regulations. Keep the faith brother and have fun.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I worked with Norwegian guy when I was stationed in the Netherlands and he ended up selling his BMW due to the exurbanite taxes he was going to pay if he tried to import it into Norway. I think we as Americans take our hobby for granted sometimes. I don't think it would be where it is today if we had stiffer rules and regulations. Keep the faith brother and have fun.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
I am shure I will have a lot of fun with the 2001 as well. With the Mazdaspeed the taxes would have been about $170/hp exeeding the original:(
:eek::eek::eek:

I never knew such a tax existed anywhere! That sucks!

Its good knowing you don't give up easily.

I have an MSM too, and to be honest, had I known I was going to put so much money into it, I would have just gotten an base model.

Keep us posted. Nice seat in the MSM too!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:eek::eek::eek:

I never knew such a tax existed anywhere! That sucks!

Its good knowing you don't give up easily.

I have an MSM too, and to be honest, had I known I was going to put so much money into it, I would have just gotten an base model.

Keep us posted. Nice seat in the MSM too!
We norwegians almost cry our self to sleep when we see the prices in other countries. A used MSM in Norway goes for somewhere around 42 - 44.000 dollars:( And because of the winter I only use it half the year.

I just pulled off a lot of stuff from the MSM to use on the other car. But as you say, I allso could have droped the MSM and gone for a base model like the Sport (6-speed and torsen diff.).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Superb.

I will be verry unhappy if I don´t reach 300 or more:mad:
Hey Kim :)

You`ll reach 300, no worries.
HFracing is on the case ;)
You just throw money at him, and it`ll be all good ;)

I really look forward to getting a ride in a modifed sport.
Really interesting to see how VVT works on a boosted engine.
And, fun to see the potential in my car ;)

-n

1 - 20 of 30 Posts