ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... 8)

I've been on a few days now and just wanted to say hello.

Back in Vegas now after 14 years down in San Diego. Moving all my mods from my original '90 over to the "new" '90 after being rear-ended by a Jeep Cherokee (check my web page for pics). Now I have a chance to do some of the mods I always wanted to do on the old car.

I've been lusting after JDM parts for years and have a couple of good ones. Even have one that Peter keeps trying to buy off me (sorry Peter, can't part with it).

Anyway...I'm here now.

Anthony aka Nevadabob
'90 REDDWRF

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phatmiata said:
welcome!! welcome, so what is this mysterious part?
The Autoblaze Chrome Windshield Surround. Apparently I was one of very few in the U.S. that was able to get one before it went away. Funny thing is I got it used on Miata.net classifieds. Big score! :lol:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
dang!!!!!!!! :shock: that is a sweet piece!! who was selling that? , that reminds me, where is CJMASS, we need him on here too.

PhatMiata

M

·
0 Posts
Nevadabob said:
Phatmiata said:
welcome!! welcome, so what is this mysterious part?
The Autoblaze Chrome Windshield Surround. Apparently I was one of very few in the U.S. that was able to get one before it went away. Funny thing is I got it used on Miata.net classifieds. Big score! :lol:
Pics? I've never heard/seen of it before.

Thanks!

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RoadstarJDM said:
Pics? I've never heard/seen of it before.

Thanks!
Two pics in my profile show it on my "old" '90. I have removed it and need to have it polished before mounting it on the "new" '90.

Basically 3 pieces of beautifully shaped and chromed metal. Held in place with double sided tape. I had it on the "old" car for a good 6 years and it never gave a problem, even in daily driving in San Diego.

After my accident I almost gave in to Peter's offers to buy it, but then I got the "new" '90 realized I had to keep it.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I wonder what would be necessary (besides $$$) to reproduce that piece at a shop here in the USA...

Any ideas?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
well, considering the new NC special editions already have this piece, i would say, lets find out who is making it for Mazda, and beg them to make one for the NA owners. :wink:

anyone? anyone?

PhatMiata

M

·
0 Posts
BTW, there's some USA vendor who sells chrome strips for the vertical pillar of the wing window that would complement what you have. I can't remember who that is right now. Is it Moss?

M

·
0 Posts
Phatmiata said:
well, considering the new NC special editions already have this piece, i would say, lets find out who is making it for Mazda, and beg them to make one for the NA owners. :wink:
PhatMiata
I assume it is the Mazda factory in Japan that makes the OEM NC part.

Hey Phatty, you speak J, call them up!

·
Registered
495 Posts
got any parts ya don't need like suspension or rollbar type things? In vegas here too so thought id say hello. We have a little gathering of vegas miata guys at a yahoo page ill grab the link for ya.. Nice to meet ya.. We'll have to have another meetup soon..

http://groups.google.com/group/MESN-LV

there ya go.. post over there so we know we got a new member!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts