ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Support CR.net
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to go to the MRLS 2012, and need a helmet..something relatively cheap...around 250 bucks cause i know theyre a bit expensive...

i need to find one that Laguna seca will let me wear...

also im in the market for a go-pro, pref the 1, the 2 is like 300, **** that...

what straps would i need?

thanks in advance..

omar alvarez

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
saferacer discount code: sm0125xrp

As for the Gopro get a bar clamp. I can't stand helmet cams. Personal preference of course.

·
I Support CR.net
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.saferacer.com has good deals on helmets. Anything with SA2005 or newer will be fine.

In terms of straps, Just the sticky mounts that the gopros come with will suffice to a helmet attachment.
cool thanks, and theyre pretty cheap as far as my budget goes lol :)
saferacer discount code: sm0125xrp

As for the Gopro get a bar clamp. I can't stand helmet cams. Personal preference of course.
i hate the helmet cams too, but i wont be driving, im going to be a passenger (of course if the driver lets me), so i dont know if he/she will let me clamp a go pro to their car...

cause as far as i know they will be letting us ride in their cars right? i registered as a participant and paid the 45 bucks, so im not sure what benefits i get as far as riding on the track with the other racers,
nor do i know what to bring etc...
lol thats what KINOD is for though lol (ill be asking some questions there :))

anyways, thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Don't have a roll bar clamp, thinking of using the suction cup for the go pro and sticking it to rear window of the hardtop...that or windshield corner to get me filmed...

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Don't have a roll bar clamp, thinking of using the suction cup for the go pro and sticking it to rear window of the hardtop...that or windshield corner to get me filmed...
Roll bar clamp is a cheap and easy DIY.

Get the Gopro Tripod Adapter mount ($7.99) and then visit your local hardware store (preferably an old school mom & pop place rather than a Lowes or HomeDepot) or specialty fastener store and pick up a 1/4" bolt and a 1.5" "conduit hanger" for less than $5. For best results wrap the hanger with some rubberized tape (like 3M Scotch 130C Linerless Electrical Tape or Self-bonding "Super Tape" from Harbor Freight) to give it good "grip" and prevent any scratches on the bar.

Conduit hanger you're looking for looks like this:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/Conduit-Hanger-3KF50

·
Gang-Ban Organizer
2,720 Posts
As far as helmets go....yeah...I know a guy who gets a killer deal on pyrotect helmets. Cheaper than anyone. PM me.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I got a very nice helmet for less than dirt cheap, but it was only DOT approved, and I was browsing Ebay one day and found my brand new GoPro for $160 shipped. Good deals are out there, you just have to be patient and alert. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

·
I Support CR.net
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Miat'er, no problem in riding as a passenger. Flyin Miata and 949 Racing were giving joyrides all day. Feel free to come up to any of us and just ask for a ride.
sick!! ill definatelly look forward to it then!!! XD

As far as helmets go....yeah...I know a guy who gets a killer deal on pyrotect helmets. Cheaper than anyone. PM me.
thanks! but my boss got a deal on them too, i work at CXC Sims, so we build racing simulators, he ended up getting me a super great deal on this helmet
http://www.saferacer.com/bell-k1-sport-sa2010-auto-racing-helmet.html?productid=2212

thanks anyway! ill let my sister know about PM'ing you though, she needs a helmet too..you may know her (MAZDAKID)...:eek:

I got a very nice helmet for less than dirt cheap, but it was only DOT approved, and I was browsing Ebay one day and found my brand new GoPro for $160 shipped. Good deals are out there, you just have to be patient and alert. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
yea lol my boss is a fast kart racer, so he ended up hooking me up, i had a 30 dollar dot approved motocross helmet, i thought i could get away with that at Laguna Seca lol :roll:

also have you tested the go pro yet? i know there is a V.2 now so idk if its worth the extra 150 bucks as its 300 dollars...hows the quality of the first one?

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts

I don't do any editing, just film it and post it. My lens was dusty and slightly scratched from sticking it on a trail rig for a couple hours, which was pointless because the sd card filled up before I left the driveway.

·
I Support CR.net
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
siiiiick video!! what go pro did you get? i cant find any on ebay that go below 190

·
woah
6,858 Posts

Contour... less hype but its cheaper, looks aesthetically better with the same features.

it comes with a sticky base mount to stick onto your helmet or any flat surfaces.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
siiiiick video!! what go pro did you get? i cant find any on ebay that go below 190
I got the Hero(1) HD 1080 Motorsports package. It was a one day sale type of thing. I went to buy another one once I realized what a great deal it was and they had bumped the price up to $220.

·
I Support CR.net
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the Hero(1) HD 1080 Motorsports package. It was a one day sale type of thing. I went to buy another one once I realized what a great deal it was and they had bumped the price up to $220.
bastards!! i really want one but theyre a bit too much for me right now, i think ill get a roll bar before spending some cash on this...but like you said, ill keep looking on ebay to find myself a good deal

:phillyb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts