ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first ever Helmet, its a HJC rated SA2010 auto race. My question is, Do helmets loosen w/use? I wear a Med.,Yeah I have a compact Melon. This helmet w/ the nomex ninja mask is snug but not uncomfortably tight. I'm not sure if I should return it for a large if its not gonna loosen a little w/use. Some Racer Exp. insight would be appreciated here.TIA.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
HJC AR10? I found mine to be excellent everywhere except for my cheek bones/jaw area when I first picked it up. It loosened up after a few solid days of use. Fits perfect now. I have a medium as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, Yep AR-10, $200 on Amazon. Thanks for the reply. On a side Quest. Do I wear the Ninja mask all the time ? I don't want my" Pretty Face"burned off.

·
Registered
489 Posts
After using it a little and sweating in it, the padding will change giving the helmet a larger feel. If it's snug now, don't return in for a larger size. If it's so tight it was a while to get on or you have to have help getting it off, then yes. Trust me, when you need the helmet to perform what it is meant to do, you don't want a "loose" helmet.

By the way, never had to use a helmet in a car (yet). I'm speaking from a motorcyclist perspective.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
Helmets should be snug so don't get something bigger.
It helps to wear a head sock, or some type of hair cover, you can get them at motorcycle accessory shops.
It stops the helmet's liner from tugging on your hair, and reduces dreaded helmet head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts