• used enkei rpf1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the disappearance of my enkei rpf1's, i'm in the market for wheels. These wheels will see 80% track and auto-x and 20% street. I'll like to drive them to the events every now and then. I'm CSP if anyone asks. race rubber will come later. comments and opinions welcome.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I say the Lensos for the following reasons:

Definitely don't see those on cars as much as the other rims

Tires will be cheaper (more money to put elsewhere)

I haven't seen them in 13x7.5 +25 on a roadster yet :mrgreen:

·
Mufasa in Training
31,121 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 pm]big power and big brakes, get emilio's wheels.

if no to either of those, get the 13s
Problem is, if "race rubber is to come later," what are you going to do for street rubber? Your choices in 13" are VERY limited.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Bryan is right! If you aren't planning on running race rubber all the time, don't get 13s. A high performance all-season sumitomo is about the only 13" tire in the US that has decent performance. If they started making the Azenis or something on that level in 13s I'd consider getting another set of Lensos.

Stick with Emilios wheel if you can wait until January to get them.

I attached a pic for the guys who haven't seen Lensos on a roadster.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm running 195/60/14 azenis on the street on daisies. i guess these are my back-ups for performance on auto-x

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
13 may be fast... but the trend looks like 13 in tires are being slowly phased out.

yoko, hoosier, kuhmo, come in 13in race tires. getting harder to find. do you know any r-coms in 13

·
Registered
369 Posts
There are plenty of non DOT legal slicks available in 13s.

If you are running R-comps that can do double duty race and street, they probably won't be a competitive autocross tire. 13" street tires are just not sticky enough for competitive use.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,121 Posts
:lol: to be honest, I'm not sure why anyone would pick a 13" wheel for track usage (on a Miata). With the changed gearing you'd be going for to increase acceleration, you'd likely be running out of steam on the straights pretty quick, wouldn't you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts