ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am VERY BORED AND am thinking of buying or making a HOOD PANEL but I have some things I want to ask first, right now I have the stock oem plastic hood panel with the right side hole cut and a hoes running threw it from the bumper to the hood panel, my question here is do you guys think my car would run "better" with or with out the hose and have the hole blocked or should I get the aluminum panel and make the hole and still run the hose? I am not to sure on what to do, so I would like some suggestions and opinions.

By the way the hose is faced to my air filter so it gets "more air". :roll:

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yeah, that's a radiator shroud. It it was a hood cover, it'd go on top. :p

I'm in the process of making one of my own.... with no holes or any of that bs. I want to funnel all the air I can through the radiator, not around it.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
if thats a radiator shroud, then whats the thing that mounts down in the "mouth" of the miata and directs air right into the radiator?

my car doesnt have one and I'd like to buy one somewhere. It looks stupid without it and, well, it seems to run just a little hotter than its supposed to according to my water temp gauge. (near 12 o'clock, as opposed to 11 like all the .netters say)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if thats a radiator shroud, then whats the thing that mounts down in the "mouth" of the miata and directs air right into the radiator?

my car doesnt have one and I'd like to buy one somewhere. It looks stupid without it and, well, it seems to run just a little hotter than its supposed to according to my water temp gauge. (near 12 o'clock, as opposed to 11 like all the .netters say)
I actually have teh stock plastic one, and if you have the stock one you can see it comes with a pre cut hole, what i did was i just took off the plastic covering the hole and ran a hose threw there so i get air into my engine but idk if i should take it off and make a new radiator shroud that has no holes and take off the hoes, idk witch way my car will run better, seen how when i blow air into the hose i can feel it go to my engine bay but idk whats better, to my engine bay or to my radiator, there no gap in the hole to let any air out of the radiator but of course if it was a closed hole it would prob push a little more air into the radiator.

what do you guys think?

·
3,542 Posts
I think pictures of what you currently have and maybe a drawing of what you want to do would help you get more responses. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts