ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Any idea what the harness is that is shown in the pics? Looks like it runs to perhaps the neutral safety or reverse switch on the transmission just based on the location under the drivers seat and heading into the trans tunnel.

Looks like I'm going to have to make up splice cables to correct this issue but I wanted to see if anyone had information on this so that I can get the next part of my project going.

This is on a 1999 Mazda Miata NB1 (base) and the wiring loom runs along the drivers side door then cuts over under the drivers seat to the trans tunnel.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Are you talking about the one coming inside from outside? Or the one running inside the car? Inside from outside is o2 sensor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both... they should connect to each other but mine is all busted up so I need to make up a new connection between them. Any idea how the wires should hook to each other?

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
I can't really tell from the pictures. How many wires are in it on chassis side? I think the e-brake signal wire runs in there as well. I THINK the only things at that connector specifically is the o2 sensor stuff, though. E-brake splits off prior to that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't really tell from the pictures. How many wires are in it on chassis side? I think the e-brake signal wire runs in there as well. I THINK the only things at that connector specifically is the o2 sensor stuff, though. E-brake splits off prior to that.
4 wires total on either side.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Yeah that's all o2 then. I don't know which one goes to which unfortunately (i don't run an o2 in that location), but that should be a pretty easy circuit to find/identify in the FSM.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I'll dig around and see what I can drum up. I will post any diagrams I find in this thread to help others later in case they run into the same scenario as I am in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So based on the info in the FSM & from Flyin' Miata, it looks like it hooks into the main vehicle harness in this way:
Terminal A (Signal) - Red/Orangish Wire (Vehicle Side) - Blue Wire (O2 Sensor Side)
Terminal B (Signal Ground) - Black w/ White Stripe Wire (Vehicle Side) - White Wire (O2 Sensor Side)
Terminal C (Heater +12v) - Black w/ White Stripe Wire (Vehicle Side) - Black Wire (O2 Sensor Side)
Terminal D (Heater Ground) - Orange w/ Yellow Stripe Wire (Vehicle Side) - Black Wire (O2 Sensor Side)

I hooked it back up using some bullet connectors for now. I ordered up a rear O2 sensor extension harness so I can cut out the current setup and put in a long term solution but for now this will hold me over. So far no DTCs either stored or displayed so I think that wiring matches up.

So far so good :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts