ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Is this right or do I need to modify the spring perches? I think these are ebay coil overs put on by the previous owner.
The purple and gold are the colors that Ground Control usually are.

You have to knock off the perches. They pop right off if you give them a wack vertically. No cutting needed, as on Illuminas.

It's hard to tell with the small pic, but it looks like you got the wrong ID tubes. They should have a shoulder inside that catches on the flange that remains after you remove the perch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i got a bigger pic. i need to remove the perch that the tube is sitting on, but do i also need to remove the lower perch? Couldn't it just rest on the lower perch where the stock springs would rest?

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
The perch is all one piece that pops off. It's just pressed on but the paint may keep it from slipping off easily.

If you have a vice, set the edges of the perch on the jaws and give the top of the body a wack (not the shaft, the body). The perch should pop off, leaving a very thin flange on the body that the GC tube will slip over.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think these are GC. I'm pretty sure they are knock offs. So am i removing #1 or #2 or are they both one piece. Couldn't the tubes rest on #2 like regular springs would? Sorry im so confusing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
GC`s use Eibach springs...are those? Looking at the pic I would say those are knock offs, the threaded part of the sleeves go all the way to the bottom, those don`t.

If those are knock offs then you have to keep the spring perch on or the sleeves won`t have anything to sit on. The flange is way too smallin dimater to catch the sleeves.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GC`s use Eibach springs...are those? Looking at the pic I would say those are knock offs, the threaded part of the sleeves go all the way to the bottom, those don`t.

If those are knock offs then you have to keep the spring perch on or the sleeves won`t have anything to sit on. The flange is way too smallin dimater to catch the sleeves.
Ok so i should knock off #1 in the picture and let the threaded barrels rest on #2 correct?

M

·
0 Posts
I don't think these are GC. I'm pretty sure they are knock offs. So am i removing #1 or #2 or are they both one piece. Couldn't the tubes rest on #2 like regular springs would? Sorry im so confusing
Show me the inside of the sleeve. Are there two different IDs? Or is it one ID its entire length? If the former, than the larger ID is to fit over and rest on the remaining flange under the removed perches (both 1 + 2). If the latter, then I don't know what youve got, it must be some universal knock-off that may not work for you.

·
Registered
713 Posts

Ok so i should knock off #1 in the picture and let the threaded barrels rest on #2 correct?
did you ever get this promblem fixed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts