ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 96 M-Edition with a HD Hardcore Double Diagonal roll bar. With my helmet on, I dont fit under the bar. So, i decided that i want to get a race seat. I think I've narrowed it down to the Corbeau Forza II or the Momo Start. I am 5'11" and have a 38" waist. Which do you think would be a better choice? And if you have any other suggestions, please post them. I like the Corbeau because I've driven a car with one, but my main concern is if it will fit in the miata.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
http://flyinmiata.com/tech/seats.asp

seat chart.

some of the links don't work. also you still have to fabricate brackes/sliders to make it work. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/158355/4

i'm not sure how good you math skills are but

5'8+oem seat+helmet=taller than roll bar

5'8 +sparco sprints+helmet=lower than roll bar.
this might be tough getting in and out if you don't have an aftermarket steering wheel. there is a certian technique to getting out.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I know the Forza II fits easily into NA Roadsters. I'm quite the fat ass (5'10" tall, waist 36-38", about 50 pounds heavier than I should be) and I fit in the Forza II just fine. In fact, while the Forza II was comfy for the street and auto-x I'd want something a bit tighter for track work. A smaller person would be swimming in it.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
there is a guy selling a pair of Black Corbeau Forza seats w/ the mounts, sliders and custom
bracket I made to allow use of the OE seat belt receiver for the ridiculous
price of $400.00 for everything. He's in Fresno, so he's semi-local.

·
Registered
95 Posts
there is a guy selling a pair of Black Corbeau Forza seats w/ the mounts, sliders and custom
bracket I made to allow use of the OE seat belt receiver for the ridiculous
price of $400.00 for everything. He's in Fresno, so he's semi-local.
When i sat in thos seats they were EXTREMELY uncomfortable. But that might just be me, Im also 5'9 130bs with a 29 inch waist. I was thrown around in those seats like a bad carnival ride, and the metal frame started to really hurt my back on drives longer than 15 minutes.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Have you sat in both of the seats yet??, Personally I dont think I would buy a seat unless I sit in it first

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you sat in both of the seats yet??, Personally I dont think I would buy a seat unless I sit in it first
Neither would. I have tried the Forza II and its comfortable to me. The momo start i have not yet tried. Tomorrow i am going to Memoryfab to try out their S68 seat since i work about 20min away.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i actually think that when i get a seat again im going to try out the ultrashield race seat with halo, Its 600 but its a FULL race seat and actually doesnt look that uncomfortable to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts