ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm in the process of customizing my 2000 interior in a big way and part of this transformation includes re-skinning every square inch of the interior with high-end materials. One of the design elements I'm having made is a quilted cover for the center hump made from Alcantara (the same material you now see in bentley's, aston martin's, and maserati's).

To pull off a small, but important part of the interior design, I need to find a pattern of the Nakamae interior trim... Or find an older, vinyl, low cost version I can purchase in order to trace the pattern.

Here's a picture of the two pieces I need to Pattern:
http://revlimiter.net/blog/2011/08/n...quilted-vinyl/

The reason I need a pattern is that my interior trim guy is four hours away in Maryland and I'm shipping my materials (seats included) to him for re-trimming. He'll need this pattern in order to make the two trim covers I'm after.

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Since your carpet is in bad shape you could probably do what I did. I just took out all of my carpeting, measured a bunch, then cut the stock carpet into the patterns that I needed, then used it to trace the outline on the back of the new upholstery. It worked well for me, you just have to not care about your oem carpet.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Lol guys... hes not asking for the pattern as in the squares, hes asking for the dimensions of the piece. He wants to recreate the panels with an upholstery place that is not local. Hes looking for someone to trace their panels and send the pattern to him essentially.

A pattern like you'd buy at a fabric store to create a shirt.

Good luck man, your hoping to find someone to help knock off their design. Who ever spent nakamae money on their interior probably wont be too fond of that idea.

My suggestion. Buy some poster board and create a pattern for your car. The nb console is contoured differently anyways.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Good luck man, your hoping to find someone to help knock off their design. Who ever spent nakamae money on their interior probably wont be too fond of that idea.

My suggestion. Buy some poster board and create a pattern for your car. The nb console is contoured differently anyways.
This to both paragraphs. He's already asked me. I told him that no, I will not be party to knocking off the beautiful Nakamae tunnel cover in Sharka.

That said, this is NOT a very hard item to recreate. You can see exactly how it was made with the pix on my blog. Take a tracing of your tranny tunnel and then employ the techniques you see on the piece in the pictures to create your own. There's quilted vinyl and a nice black fabric binding on the edges. Nothing else to it. A shop that makes dash covers or a regular upholstery shop should have no problems doing this.

Please do NOT post your pattern online. Be respectful of the company who made the original. If they happen to go out of business someday, then maybe share your pattern.

·
Registered
152 Posts
fwiw, the nakamae stuff is heat fused vinyl and not simply stitched together. your interior guy would need some expensive equipment to replicate it. youre better off creating your own square/diamond pattern.

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
who gives a ****?!?!?
it's covered by the seat. get the top contours right and just let it hang.
also, rev your 404 page IS better than mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts