ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car started off by idling at 2k rps and that led to getting a new TPS which brought my idle back down to 950rps after a few adjustments. I also have a problem of running very rich black smoke at high rps which is somewhat normal but blue smoke when warming up and my idle is very rough. if the car is cold it starts up just fine but if its warm i have to have my gas pettal to the floor for my car to start. im still running my cat. any ideas?

·
Registered
862 Posts
As pricey as this is gonna sound, depending on what mods you have on the car, I would look at the MAF and both O2 sensors. Without seeing the car in front of me its tough to say but it sounds like there might be 2 problems.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Smoke sounds like piston rings, or maybe head gasket is going out. Are you down on power?

·
CR.net Supporter
624 Posts
my car started off by idling at 2k rps and that led to getting a new TPS which brought my idle back down to 950rps after a few adjustments. I also have a problem of running very rich black smoke at high rps which is somewhat normal but blue smoke when warming up and my idle is very rough. if the car is cold it starts up just fine but if its warm i have to have my gas pettal to the floor for my car to start. im still running my cat. any ideas?
what year and how many miles... blue smoke = burning oil...

are you losing oil in between oil changes?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts