ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after I totaled my miata, the family made me go safer and made me get a truck (1997 GMC Sierra c1500 w/59k) This truck is killing me! V6 so not bad on gas but it is a truck :oops: So after a week and a half, I am discussing trading this off for another miata, but everyone says that if I get hit I will die, so my dad aid I could get another if I get a cage with door bars. This will be a daily driver, but I wouldn't mind the cage and if a girl doesn't like, she is not the right girl for me. Do you think it is worth the price and "pain" in order to get another miata. This would be my 5th car before I'm 18, but whatever.
Thanks, Bill

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Haha, you're worried about whether or not a girl would like the cage in your car?

Just a heads up, almost all of them probably won't. Unless she's Danica Patrick.

Also, I'd check up on the full cage with door bars regarding your states legal restrictions.

Otherwise, I'd do whatever you can to try to get a Miata again.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'd recomend waiting untill you are on your own and car get whatever car you want without your families approval. in the mean time trade the truck for something more practical and fun. A Civic, GTI, an older volvo, an AE86, etc etc. Just get something big enough to get your family off your back and keep you mobile and sane. Eventually you'll be able to get whatever you want.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I've always looked at it as dying doing something that I like instead of being a vegetable somewhere shitting myself when I am older.

A cage for daily driving would be a pain in the a s s. You might not think you would mind it now, but it would get old real fast.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would I be able to do the cage and keep the stock dash and door panels? And should I be looking at Hard Dog's and that or at a custom fabbed one from a shop? (I would be ok with Danika :mrgreen: )

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
i would talk to the guys over on roadsterdrift.com about a cage. i have seem a few over there and they are bad ass. plus you could get a custom cage which might not be a bad idea.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
[.net]

Im suprised no one has mentioned a full cage (or even some roll bars) could lay a hurtin on your head if you get in an accident on the street.

[/.net]

Im sure if you got harnesses you would probably be fine, but again, if you have to use those every day it gets old quick. not the driving part.

Oh yeah Foo said it, theres roll bars that you can add side bars too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts