ClubRoadster.net banner

HELP~! my maita wont start~!

3K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  JSanker 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I noticed my car cranked much faster with a new battery. I didn't watch your video, but if it's cranking slow, its either battery, alternator or starter.

edit: sounds like a battery to me.

edit2: Did you try pumping the gas to get fuel delivery? If not, try that and see if it catches.

edit3: Turn the key and pump the gas to try and get fuel delivery.

#13 ·
What he said. Don't floor it. Just tap it lightly to try and get a little more fuel in to try and start it. If it starts, and then dies right away without being able to run on its own, it's either an alternator or a battery. But if it has been out in the cold, there could be cold fuel in the lines that you just need to force out.

edit: But the morale of the story there is a high chance it is either a battery or alternator. What is the date on the battery? And has it ever died/run down before?

#15 ·
Try jumping it. The alt is just to recharge the battery, if it is bad it will still start on a jump but will drain the battery while driving.

Once it is running then check ALT output it should be at least 13v.

Then belt could just be loose if output is low.

#30 ·
Not sure if the 99 has a CAS(cam angle sensor)like the 94-97 CAS but this happen to mine, first tested the battery, nothing still cranked, checked the pump it was good, did the plugs and wires, and the alternator will not cause this. if the alternator is bad it will drain the battery FIRST then youll know it's bad if you have to buy a battery every day(figure of speech). It ended up being my CAS but again like i said I have a 94, not 99. This is just a guess, best of luck sir

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.