ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I own a 2006 NC and I have Tein Flex coilovers. For some reason, my right sits considerably lower than my left. I cant go lower than a finger gap on the left, yet i can get my right side to "tuck" with more room to go lower. what is going on?! :stressed:
some help/advice would be awesome!

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Take pictures, it sounds like you messed up installing them or are adjusting them incorrectly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take pictures, it sounds like you messed up installing them or are adjusting them incorrectly.
I've had them installed for about a year now. i raised my right side to match the left. but i cant go any lower on my left and im about almost max ride height on the right. about 75%.
How should i adjust them before taking pictures? max height? slammed?

Edit: or do you mean take pictures of the coilovers?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
so you've been driving around lobsided for a year and it's just now bothering you?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
i'm just trying to figure what you're saying

You installed the coils a year ago, but they weren't level so you adjusted one side to max so it was level with the other side and drove that way for a year and now you're trying to figure what's wrong?

Not trying to sound like a douche, just curious why you waited a year to try and figure why it is the way it is

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm just trying to figure what you're saying

You installed the coils a year ago, but they weren't level so you adjusted one side to max so it was level with the other side and drove that way for a year and now you're trying to figure what's wrong?

Not trying to sound like a douche, just curious why you waited a year to try and figure why it is the way it is
A few months ago, I bought some XXR 522's 17x9 with some 245/45. So, I had to raise my car up to max height for them to fit. I finally got a set of 235/40's, so I was now able to lower my car. I got my tires installed on tuesday, and wednesday I decided to lower my car. That's when I noticed how lobsided it was. So it;s been lobsided since wed. Err that's when I noticed

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Iv'e read a few threads where other people had a similar issue, but they were all older cars. Cars that had stock springs or lowering springs. None that had coilovers and as new as mine.
One guy said that he did Autocross and that he recalled most of the turns being left turns, possibly making it harder on the right side. But again, older miata on springs.
Iv'e only Autox'd like 4 times

·
Registered
930 Posts
I would guess that the coilover perches were not snugged down properly on one side. Unless I am wrong the Flex has an adjustable spring perch and also the body of the coilover can be adjusted also. You may need to spin the body of the coilover back up. Some pics of the coilovers with the wheels off on both sides would help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think I had the same issue when installing coilovers on my NC. One side had a finger gap more than the other, can't really remember since its been a while. If you want to be slammed you will need to remove most of the collars, that's just a fact. Make sure you are using a micrometer to measure that each shock is equal height and everything. I do remember just having to adjust one spring 2-3mm higher/ lower to balance it out. You may have to incorporate droop into the car if you want to tuck. Also make sure you sit in the car when you balance them out and have a friend help measure, because that is how the car will actually sit when you are in it. You don't want to make adjustments and then sit in the car and its uneven. You may be best off going someplace that can professionally do a proper 4 corner weight balance if its a big issue.

+1 on pics

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow thanks a bunch guys alot of feedback.
I went to a buddies house and apparently I had been taught wrong on how to adjust height properly. I didn't know you could adjust the body of the coil(threaded part) and so it was uneven.
Its fixed now :woot: !

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,343 Posts
Wow thanks a bunch guys alot of feedback.
I went to a buddies house and apparently I had been taught wrong on how to adjust height properly. I didn't know you could adjust the body of the coil(threaded part) and so it was uneven.
Its fixed now :woot: !

Glad you could admit your lightbulb moment and it's fixed :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
glad you found help here. Sorry you got no help at the other site you posted on. Its not frequented very often.

yeah unfortunately I didn't. I noticed it doesn't. Maybe because NCs aren't popular yet?

Generally you want the left side just a hair higher than the right side to compensate for driver weight.
Yeah I think it was a taaaaad higher on.the left. But when my friend got in the car it was level

1 - 18 of 18 Posts