ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mounted my new Sparco Speed to my stock rails. It went in, but didn't come out as I'd hope. I tried the method described on Miata.net. The seat's turned-out to be a bit off-center to the left. Also, I'm not very happy that I had to widen the holes on the rails to get it bolted to the car after bolting it to the seat. It's a shotty job on my part and now I seek help since I found out I suck at drilling. After seeing some topics on making an adapter of sorts, I think I want to take that route to remounting my Sparco.

Sorry to ask, being new and all to the forum, but anyone in SoCal willing to lend a helping hand? :) I'll be forever grateful and maybe treat you to dinner.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
I suggest you spring for the real Sparco rails if you want to do it right.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Bah, mount it to the floor.
Lots of head room, leg room, and now you don't have to worry about other people wanting to drive your car...lol

Well, I say that b/c I'm 6'2" and have no reason to adjust the seat since mine is all the way back.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm sure you saw the adapter that I made...

Pretty easy stuff if you have the right tools...

BTW UltimateForce, Sparco doesn't make a Miata seat mount bracket. They may be able to make a custom one, but it would be pricey...
http://www.sparcousa.com/seatbases.asp?make=Mazda

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, Laguna. I'll see if I can make that next weekend. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
when i made a bracket for my sprint seat the holes on the seat were an 5/8" wider than my stock brackets and we had to cut and weld....i still have my stock sliders and it cost me like 3$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts