Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I just ordered:

nardi deep corn 330mm
nrg quickrelease 2.0
nrg shorthub

Spike from the forums helped me install it today but ran into many problems. We could not get the NRG shorthub to fit properly with the steering column cover. The steering column cover would keep popping out and wouldnt line properly. We had to shave off the end plastic part of the column cover that was touching the shorthub. Even after cutting off the plastic, it still did not fit and line properly.

Another problem, there is no room between the nardi wheel and horn button to connect the horn? Anyone connected a horn to their Nardi deep corn and had problems? How did you do it?

After putting it together, the steering feels really stiff/tight compared to my previous setup, momo competition wheel+momohub. Its very hard to turn to the left and right, anyone have this problem with their nrg hub + quickrelease setup? My momo wheel and momo hub was much more free and easy to turn.

Anyone with this setup or have the nrg quickrelease, nrg shorthub , please share your experiences!

Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
Maybe double check the part number on the short hub, it shouldn't be that recessed. The hub (any hub) should sit in front of the column cover with a few mm of clearance, it shouldn't have really been necessary to even remove the column cover to install it.

Did you do anything to the white plastic bit on the clockspring? Move it around/damage it? Was it modified from the previous wheel install?

Are you trying to ground the horn button? Or do you mean there is physically no room for the wires at all, because there should be plenty.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure the hub is the correct one for the miata because thats what i ordered.

For the horn, we just put the button on the wheel, but we didnt hook up the horn because there was no room.

I will get Spike to post on this thread soon, he would be able to explain it better than me.

Anyone else that have this setup, please comment and help!

thankyou

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you still have the box laying around, it should say SRK-160h, someone could have sent you the wrong one maybe and it still threaded to the steering column spline (I think the subaru ones will do this?). But if it's the right one then I have no idea why it would be recessed at all.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shorthub does not fit properly and rubs against the steering column cover
the nardi horn button only has 1 connection, and the nrg quick release has 2 connections, so it does not fit in there
howww? anyone have these problems too?
thanks

·
Supporting Mamber
3,672 Posts
shorthub does not fit properly and rubs against the steering column cover
the nardi horn button only has 1 connection, and the nrg quick release has 2 connections, so it does not fit in there
howww? anyone have these problems too?
thanks
The horn only needs one connection.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah it's redundant but may as well keep it there if you want to switch to a plastic horn at some point and leaving it loose has the small chance of connecting with the positive terminal :dunno:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for trying to help me wit the horn.
The real problem i guess is the short hub, and just really stiff and tight to turn the steering wheel.
gonna have my other buddy take a look at it in a week or two.
I think i might just sell the nrg shorthub and QR 2.0 because the steering wheel is so far from the wipers and blinkers. Then ill buy the NRG thin quickrelease and use it with my momo hub.

Heres a bad quality picture of what it looks like now,, cause my camera broke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts