ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
depowered a 90 rack by removing the inside seal and welding the rotary valve, putting everything back together rn. i’m leaving the parts in the first pic out like the Miatabusa tutorial says to do, but when reassembling everything, in order to get the bearing at the very bottom of the pinion shaft to sit flush against its lip, it leaves this space at the top between the rack and dust shield. if i push the pinion shaft down to get a flush fit for the dust shield, the bottom bearing gets pushed down and doesn’t go all the way in the hole to the lip. is there supposed to be this gap between the rack and the upper dust shield?? or does the bearing not have to go all the way in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s a little late for you and maybe I didn’t know what I was doing but I simply removed the pump and fluid, looped the lines, and have driven 10,000 trouble free miles so far. No need to disassemble the rack. 1996 NB. YRMV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
...and as far as resistance goes from seals, residual fluid/air pressure, extraneous parts conspiracy theories and other ad nauseates go, I can still turn the steering wheel easily with one finger when the front tires are off the ground using jack stands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts