ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started replacing my water pump,Was pretty confident until the timing part,Really don't wanna **** up my ride anyone not busy on Sunday could help me out for how ever long it takes?Lunch on me?Hit me up thanks

·
Registered
930 Posts
you can do it its easy. take they number 1 spark plug out and but a long screw driver down and turn the crank till its at tdc. there is also a mark on the crank gear. set the cams so the intake cam has the I pointing to 12 0'clock and on the exhaust side the E pointing to 12 oclock. usually the intake cam needs to be held as it like to move. put the t-belt on and tighted the belt with the tentioner and see what it looks like. you might have to do it a few times. check out miata.net for more info

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update,after 3 hours of work the water pump leaked water what a burn,one last try tomorrow if not off to the mechanic

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you feel like sliding some funds for gas i'll come up there and show you how do it in a very easy way. i learned it from miata.net, and the last time i did it (last weekend after getting a head from Rocky and swapping out for my burnt valve), it took all off 5 minutes to line up the crank, cams, and slide on the belt. also, are you using a new belt or reusing an old one?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So after my 3rd attempt everything is back and running,Just took time and lots of stickies :) thanks to everyone for helping

1 - 17 of 17 Posts