ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oki so i bought this NA miata 91 model and the clutch was gone on it. so i took the tranny down let the oil drain out and replaced the clutch. i put the tranny back on today and right when im about to put oil in it i cant get the filler plug loose. ive tried everything and that thing is not coming off!! is there anywhere else i can put fluid through??i really want to get this car on the road but im stuck!!thanx alot for the help you guys!!!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
unfortunately there is no easy place to fill the tranny on a 5spd. on a 6spd, you can fill it from the turret. Have you tried a breaker bar or an impact wrench?

·
Registered
600 Posts
oki so i bought this NA miata 91 model and the clutch was gone on it. so i took the tranny down let the oil drain out and replaced the clutch. i put the tranny back on today and right when im about to put oil in it i cant get the filler plug loose. ive tried everything and that thing is not coming off!! is there anywhere else i can put fluid through??i really want to get this car on the road but im stuck!!thanx alot for the help you guys!!!
are you the guy in my auto tech class at los medanos?

·
Registered
342 Posts
you use a specialty tool to take it out it will pull it out you can buy the kit for 60 at sears its for stripped bolts i use it all the time. if you have a comp use the ir ti2135 gun i have one it will rip anything loose 1000lbs of reverse tq

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its the filler plug for the tranny im talking about.. i like the idea for the impact gun but i hardly ever have the use for it! dont get me wrong i know it would be incredibly helpful but im used to doing things the hard way i guess lol

·
Elite Sponsor
192 Posts
The fill Plug is 14mm; we use a open ended monkey wrench.

I would try to some powerful vise grips or real good plummers's wrench there is not much room in there.

See if you you can bng in a 12 point socket

Goo luck and think it through before you go at it

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would pull the tranny out since you got it out before but try that specialty tool i promise it works youll need a breaker bar too. I haven't worked on my car in a while so I can't remember how much room you really have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts