ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what?s up guys, ok well im really bored and want to work on my car, so im thinking about taking out the carpet, but I cant deside, my brothers old NA was fully stripped and was noisy and it got really hot, your legs would BURN lol, I just don?t like my tan carpet at all, its old, dirty and looks like ****. But I can?t decide, plus my cars black, with black hardtop so once summer comes around BURN MOTHAAAAA.... lol BURN!
I know a few of you guys have no carpet, what do you guys think?
Does it really get that hot without carpet?
How about noise?
Pics?

- Thanks

·
3,857 Posts
I wouldn't...your car looks so clean man!
Just put a black one...I sold a perfect 3 piece black carpet for $70 on eBay.

·
Registered
976 Posts
no input on a stripped miata..

but i been in a few stripped out cars..

lots of road noise, and yes its very hot lol

heat from the tranny, and lots of heat getting trapped inside from the sun..

for a track car sure, but for daily no thanks. IMHO

its upto you really.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Switch it all to black. Dont strip it. You will regret it later. Its not the carpet that insulates from heat and noise its the insulation under that. Plus the welds under there look horrable.

·
3,857 Posts
Can you remove the floor mats and take a few pictures of the carpet?
I think I know somebody from the club that wants to do the opposite, so maybe you can meet and you can swap carpets!

M

·
0 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:44 am]and if you go black, I have a pair of black leather seats sitting unused in the garage...
What's that they say, "Once you go black..."

8)

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
yes swap it out to black, i dont get why mazda would put leather in this car, trying to make it luxurious bahaha, and if you did strip it, are you from vegas? cause thats what it says on ur location. good luck with that in the summer buddy, i had carpet in my miata, with my hardtop on in cali and i almost had heat stroke (114 that day, no a/c)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmmm well ok i made up my mind im going to strip it, and im going to contact v8 and see if he would like ot trade, im not doing this as a weight issue, im just doing it because i don tlike my carpet lol, idk why.. dont ask haha... its just one of those things YOU notice about your car and its liek blah, but thanks alot for the input guys, if v8 wants to switch then i might switch idk, well see.... only if i had a cam.. =/
boooooo #-o

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ooops almost forgot, thanks for the info on the black leather seats but i like my bucket better :mrgreen: weeee....
i was going to just get some new leather on my tan leather seats but,im not to into them so maybe ill sell them one day, my driver seat is off, leather seats with headrest speakers oooooooooo....sexy
:mrgreen: :p haha.... i might go 1 seater for a while, eeeh idk... ill keep you guys updated ,hopefully ill finish tonight...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts