ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...have a 91. Hate the way the barn doors raise so high yadda yadda yadda. So I just got finished spending about a grand in maintence/performance mods and twice that much on custom paint, front air dam, taillights, and wing and I really dont want to spend another $500 on a headlight conversion. I do like the idea of getting small rectangular lights and doing the sleepy eye deal. I found a couple different sets of lights that I know will fit inside the barn doors but I have to decide which set and most of all...Im not sure of the best way to mount them. I was thinking of doing:

1) 1 pair of Silverstar 6.5" x 4" low/high beams in 1
Pros - like the white lights, 1 set of lights
Cons - not as low as ...

2) 2 pair of normal halogen 5.75" x 2.5" stacked (thinking of lows at top and highs underneath - raising the doors more for the highs which I hardly EVER use)
Pros - very low profile
Cons - normal colored lights(although I did see a way that Camaro owners had replaced the bulb with a non halogen and gunked it in - looked decent)

Which one should I go for and what to mount them on/in ? Thanks

Dusty

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I would go with the 6x4 so you dont have to **** around with adjusting your lights, and just set them open. also I think they would fill the area nicely.

4" is still close to half of regular height and if you mount them high under the lid you can get it down a little farther prolly

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
I was going to do this myself, find a DSM in a junk yard, early first gen and steal it's buckets!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been converting mine to 4x6's with a really low profile, it looks SWEET. It won't be done til this weekend, but I have a full set of pictures from start to finish (of the one side that's done already).

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
I'm also interested.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've also been looking into those Camaro headlights..well actually the
92-93 GEO Storm headlights..but those are sealed.. ;(
but with some custom work(if brave enough), fitting in H4 Bulbs is always possible. ;)

anyways, i'm still seeking the right thread that has info to do the sleepy eye set up..sigghh, its like searching for gold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts