ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. I have a problem that has left me stumped. If anyone can help me out with some advice or tips i would greatly appreciate it. Last weekend I had some alternator trouble with my 1996 Mazda Miata 1.8. The alternator had to be replaced. I had no time for this with my busy schedule so I had my brother take off the old one and put the new one on. After that the car ran great and strong. But on my way to work a couple days ago, the car died on me. I noticed that my Main 80AMP fuse was blown and had melted on of the wires that connects to it. The car drove like it wasn't running on all 4 cylinders and the windshield wipers would turn on with the gas pedal. The more RPM's I pushed, the faster the wipers would go. Frustrated I left the car sitting, bought a new fuse, wrapped the melted wire in electric tape and tried to crank it again. Unhappy with my results the car did the same exact thing as before, blew the fuse, runs like ****, and the wipers went crazy with acceleration. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks

~*~Chris~*~

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Sounds like you have a wire grounding it's self out some place. Not much help, but that's what I'd be looking for.

A bare wire ANYWHERE could be the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts