ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That kit ain't plug and play. You are going to have to cut all the intercooler piping yourself since it's a universal kit. And those manifolds and Down Pipes are notorious for not fitting, Cracking, or both.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
it also doesnt include a very good fuel setup from what I hear. I would say if you have a 1.6 and are willing to spend 900 on that, buy a greddy kit.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
i think plug and play requires you to do that kind of stuff anyways. well for me at least.

If you used the stock wastegate and everything you should b pushing 5-5.5psi of boost roughly i think. so 30+hp ? with stock exhaust and stuff.

i should be pushing roughly 175 hp right now @7 psi /w 2.5 exhaust and stock dp.

Scott

·
Registered
559 Posts
slevin, i see you have the greddy kit. Are those kits "plug and play"? From pics it looks like it doesn't come with enough to make it "P and P". Do they come with fuel managment? Beyond how much the greddy kit actually costs how much else would I spend to make it a significant power gain?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
i would recommend cruising miataturbo.net. usually a greddy kit will pop up every once in awhile.

i got my kit over there for i think $1200 with intercooler, pipes, heat shield, RC 440 injectors, boost and a-f ratio gauge.

the stock kit comes with a vortech FMU, it;ll increase fuel pressure gradually with the signal line in the intake manifold.

honestly when i first installed the greddy kit and maintained the stock boost it was really fun. the stock kit makes a decent amount of power, but after i upgraded (intercooler, manuel boost controller, 1.8L injectors, and 2.5" turbo exhaust) the difference was huge and very gratifying.

my brother currently has a totally stock greddy kit installed on his miata. the only complaint i really have about it is the relocation of the stock air filter and how close the downpipe gets to the heat hose.

i cant really tag a number on how much more your going to need to spend to get a huge jump in hp, but i hope this will help you.

Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts