ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Migrating from miata.net since I ask a question and get nothing that I want.

Anyways, I have a 96 that I bought a few months ago. Had a coolant leak/burn, basically tore it all down. Replaced timing belt, water pump, gaskets, all that junk. (had 118k) Now it has a slight oil leak.

So let me ask the same question that led me to find other forums.

I want to put in a autometer electrical oil pressure gauge. Where would be a decent spot to get accurate readings? Just tee it off the stock unit? Or maybe replace it completely and not have it work. NPT or BPT thread and what size? I want to get things ready so I can just unbolt and install. Don't want to have to run around finding things. Thanks.

·
··
4,227 Posts
Welcome to CR!!
I know zip about your question but about your oil leak- Two places that seem to be overlooked are the rear main seal and your cam angle sensor (CAS) o-ring. Hope I can help. :p

There's tons of info on here but if you dont search, be prepared for a roast from members. :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leak is towards the front, it looks like it is coming from the head gasket. There is no wetness on the timing belt cover, but on the little stub that sticks out on the block on the front right corner there is some oil.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Welcome to CR I would think your oil leak is most likely the rocker/ valve cover gasket than the head basket good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts