ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
call me and let me know if you guys want to help me today with the spring project i mentioned @ Kinod.

***so me and linh(soniquiel) were about to cut my springs at his house when steven(kung fu jesus), SoCalBrian, Bill(miataroadster) and Dicker show up.

Thanks kung fu jesus for hooking it up with the torch. i sold my racing beat springs and torched my old stock ones!

the car looks and handles great!

for those of you who bad mouth torching springs. DONT KNOCK IT TILL YOUVE TRIED IT! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay- cool derek. yah, dont bring the torch- we decided we wanted to do the job right and just go ahead and cut them

·
3,857 Posts
Very interesting guys!
Can you give more info on how you did it?
I might try it on my saab...

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
we cut two coils off to make sure. i'm getting pretty tired of taking sean's suspension apart. those shock rods kept spinning when we tried to tight the top nut and the pliers we used to hold them chewed them all up. we just used the cutting disk to grind the rods. it's good to go.

·
3,857 Posts
Oh I see, so you used the torch to cut/melt the springs.

I was thinking something else - not sure if it can be done though, and how the results would be...

I was thinking that you compressed the spring to the degree that you wanted and the warmed them up with the torch so they will stay in that condition...

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
i want pics as well.
coilovers are a long ways off, but i have a thicker front sway bar to help with body roll, and a lower ride height (with a slightly stiffer rate thanks to spring cutting) and shortened shocks would be nice.

·
4,296 Posts
lol , you guys are funny.

hahahah , hahah a ahhhhmmmm o man.

when i was just a young lad. i torched my Prelude springs , cause i had no $, and wanted that ish slammed.(eventually bought eibachs)

when i first got my roadster i put those silly RB street springs.but i hated that Rake they have.
so i cut two coils off the rear. it looked good after that.
if i had those same RB springs , i would cut em in a heartbeat.
but i would never waste my time flaming the stocks again.
i bet its better than stock , but what isnt.
im sure you guys knows whats up, so enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts