ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup, im a noobie. im very curious about the miata lately. i wanted to get into auto-X, but appears ive out classed myself. and my car overwhelms my abilities behind the steering wheel at this time. :oops: :lol:

anyhow, i gues my main question is this. anyone daily drive their roadster? in the snowy winter months? i am in the process of selling a 94 talon turbo. when i sell that, i will be left with a 99 corolla, and a 97 240sx. i'd like to get rid of the corolla and get something a bit more fun....as im sure you can all imagine. i was reading a bit about subaru's, but im not so sure thats what i m looking for. the major attraction to the roadster, is the drop top. the FR layout. and i hear they are a blast. not to mention, im finding them VERY affordable. =D>

anyhow, back to my initial question. anybody doing the winter thing in their miata? im 22 years old, so having a back seat or anything practical for that matter means absolutely nothing to me at this point. :lol:

anyhow, heres my turd.

all 305whp and 315 torque. :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not a turd... :) Very nice car man. I have been looking at subarus as well. I think the Subaru Legacy GT 2.5L is THE ultimate sleeper.... well maybe the ultimate is a V8 Powered miata with Huspower single exit... :) But ne who... welcom to the board.

-Jeremy

edit: completely ignored your post question.

... as for the winter thing. Yes I do. I have driven in snow a few times this last winter. I care not to do it again without snow tires. I'm putting snow tires on all four this winter. I would suggest to anyone to do the same.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
My miata has always been a daily drive and I used to live in michigan. Went to school at CMU. Yes I drove it everyday in the winter (it saw four winters with me), had snow tyres for three of them....didnt do much BUT did help a lot compared to the stockers. Just have to slow down and learn how to deal with slides. The worst was the snow that freezes on the treads and it never gets warm enough to melt it or it instantly freezes once its melted that just created havoc at redlights.

edit* I should also note no abs or traction control.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nobody takes on the great white north, armed with a set of blizzaks?? :lol:
for shame. sounds like fun!

EDIT: somehow you snuck that in there. :D i have been to central more times than i wish to recall. fun time....if you stay out of trouble. :wink:
so it is do-able. cool. for some reason, i want a beater miata, flares, 15x8 +0 wheels, and a missmatched hard top. i suppose ill start reading up. i'll most deff want an LSD car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Im from windsor and I dialy drive my roadster. All you need is a good set of snow tires.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Whats up dude. As for your question about driving it in winter months. I live in connecticut and our winters can get pretty bad. Oh yeah by the way i drive my car 365 days a year in snow, rain anything as long as my car runs then im driving it. One more thing I run falken tires on the car all year round during winter and all never once got stuck the 5 years i've had my car.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Well, this is my daily driver. Though im here in Ga and we dont really get **** in the winter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wait a minute... are you selling that 240??

nope. sorry. im just getting into that car. its still 'stock'. :wink:

(R33 GTST RB25DET. now running map sensor, tuned via AEM EMS. put down 305whp and 315 torque @ 15psi on the stock turbo.)
i'd be getting rid of my 99 corolla and 94 talon.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Welcome to the forum, very nice s14 you have there. I think i've seen pictures of it somewhere. Just like everybody says, some blizzaks is a must.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My miata has always been a daily drive and I used to live in michigan. Went to school at CMU. Yes I drove it everyday in the winter (it saw four winters with me), had snow tyres for three of them....didnt do much BUT did help a lot compared to the stockers. Just have to slow down and learn how to deal with slides. The worst was the snow that freezes on the treads and it never gets warm enough to melt it or it instantly freezes once its melted that just created havoc at redlights.

**threadjack**youre giving me some hope ..... i live in San Diego during the summer but go to school in Midland ( northwood U). My miata is a non abs car as well and i was kinda worried about its first summer in MI, though i feel a bit better now.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

**threadjack**youre giving me some hope ..... i live in San Diego during the summer but go to school in Midland ( northwood U). My miata is a non abs car as well and i was kinda worried about its first summer in MI, though i feel a bit better now.
Yeah stock ride height and snow tyres get the job done decent, but you have to be easy on the gas and smooth everywhere else. Compacted snow was like ice, but the light fluffy stuff laying around wasnt that bad. But when they plow the roads its better....untill they plow you into your parking space :cry:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts