ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
33,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels like forever since I've been around! Hope all's well. Life's been pretty busy! To make a long story short, I went on a cruise with my fiance and her family for Christmas, then she stayed with me for two weeks. I was on call (and barely had time to breathe!) the week following that.

As of yesterday, my wedding's only 5 months away :oops:

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
Welcome back

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Mufasa in Training
33,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hope the boat was good to you. Boats hate me....
It wasn't too bad. Aside from sitting on the Queen Mary when I was 5 (it's permanently moored in Long Beach Harbor, in case you didn't know), it was my first time on a cruise ship. It's really nice because you know exactly what's going on on the boat at any one time, and you can just choose what you want to do. My fiance really appreciates that. It was cool for me to wake up and walk up on deck and look out and see nothing but blue and feel the built in headwind from the ship's slipstream...

The food wasn't half bad, either. They encourage you to eat on the boat ALL day, and 24 hours a day, you can get pizza and/or sandwiches made free of charge (it's part of your ticket cost, of course). You can also get ice cream anytime you want :mrgreen:. Dinner was pretty fancy stuff every night. I HIGHLY recommend the chocolate melting cake (basically a brownie with a partially melted fudge center)!

Christy and I spent a day in Cozumel where we went kayaking and snorkeling. You can still see how they're rebuilding from the hurricanes of 05...it looked like something had picked up most of the sand off the beaches and taken it to parts unknown. The fish were, sadly, also kind of rare, most likely because a lot of the coral had been relocated. Still, it was really fun to do something together :)

Christy's got all the pics, but I did get this one...it's from dinner our first night on the boat:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Didnt know you were gone,

Just kidding. welcome back!

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome back! You've got some posting to do to regain your crown!

BWAAAAAAHAHAH!

Top Posters:
MiataRoadster (2488)
freedomgli (2406)
Bryan (2302)

:mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts