ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at boosting for a while now, but had some other things I wanted to do first.

I just recently picked up a Xede with a 99-00 harness and a wideband for $600. The next thing on my list is a GT 2560. Then I was planning on sending the 2560 to Begi and having them build the rest of a Begi S3 around said 2560. Is there anything else I can/should buy second hand to cut cost? Outside of the turbo and EMS? I suppose this could turn in to a build thread within the next couple months.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Ryan.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
Not really, no. All the significant bits are spoken for. You'll need injectors, but I can't really recommend much without your power goals in mind.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really, no. All the significant bits are spoken for. You'll need injectors, but I can't really recommend much without your power goals in mind.
That's what I was looking at. Turbo and EMS are the 2 most expensive parts. I don't want to go and buy my own piping and then have to fuss with it to get it to fit. I'd rather have them do all the work with making sure it all fits together rather then me have to use my time and money to get it right. I can get 550 RX7 injectors that will plug right in, correct? I was hoping to be 200-250ish when done.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you're going standalone with a wideband, which you should, you'll want injectors too

rx7 550's aren't the best for idling. although cheap and you can find them on mt.net for about 100-150 bucks. They were the first injectors I bought and I quickly switched out to bosch ev14's. Currently using Injector Dynamics ID1000 and they are worth every penny, but expensive. Fiveomotorsports has ev14's for about 300, but ID's are matched quite a bit better. Keep in mind, even though the EV14's I've had are huge (850cc and 1000cc) they idle WAY better than the rx7's and even better than stock)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't need the 550s for that power. The 460s will be fine.
I mean that won't be where I'm staying at forever. When I graduate and get a new car, I want the miata to take over as a track only car and pick something that is AWD up since I live in New England. So anything that would save me money later on would deffinately help.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Have you even ever felt a 250whp miata?

The 2560 won't get you too much past the 250whp mark with out a **** ton of heat. If you already wanting to upgrade then why not start with a 2860 or 2871?

My advice is to ride in a turbo miata, it is a whole new monster with double the HP.

EDIT: Also miataturbo.net

·
Registered
344 Posts
You are forgetting a lot of other ****. Like wheels. I have a 1.6 with a t25 sr20 turbo. I get mad wheels spin in 1st and 2nd with 15x8.25 wheels and 205 tires. I can imagine your car having a lot more wheel spin with the rear end you have.

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
You might want to hook up with Mightymouse or Astroboy. They both have good examples of a boosted miata and they live in CT I believe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are forgetting a lot of other ****. Like wheels. I have a 1.6 with a t25 sr20 turbo. I get mad wheels spin in 1st and 2nd with 15x8.25 wheels and 205 tires. I can imagine your car having a lot more wheel spin with the rear end you have.
I currently have 15x8 6ULs with Star Specs. I believe my car has a 3.909 Rear Diff, correct?

Well and a clutch too.
Already planned on it. I'm not going to buy a clutch second hand. That wouldn't make any sense.

You'll need some nice little gauges too. Boost and water temp at least.
Begi includes the Boost gauge, but The Xede I bought is coming with a wideband and A/F gauge. And I have an Ultra Gauge which can tell me my water temp, intake temp and all that stuff.

You might want to hook up with Mightymouse or Astroboy. They both have good examples of a boosted miata and they live in CT I believe.
Thanks. I will see if I can find them.

You'll want to upgrade your radiator and get slim fans.
They will be done this summer before everything else.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ahhh yes you have an se so that mean 6 speed with a 3.9.
I believe that's what it is. Someone was trying to tell me I have an open diff. But I'm pretty sure its a 3.9

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you even ever felt a 250whp miata?

The 2560 won't get you too much past the 250whp mark with out a **** ton of heat. If you already wanting to upgrade then why not start with a 2860 or 2871?

My advice is to ride in a turbo miata, it is a whole new monster with double the HP.

EDIT: Also miataturbo.net

Miss this part. For some reason, I can't most on MT.Net. It says I lack privileges or something?

Edit: I mean I'm not an idiot or anything. I've delt with boosted cars before. I drove a Saab 93 with bigger turbo, bigger injectors, FMIC and new cooling before my miata. I was just asking if there was anything that I should look into getting used other then what I already have. I know what I'm getting into here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts