ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wated to say hi... I'm pretty new to the forum, so I thought I would post some pics of my car. People have been asking what my engine bay looks like, so I just took some pics last night. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
:shock: wow, thats a crazy swap, did you do it yourself? I remember seeing a Miata on the M.net forum where someone did that swap, but later sold the car on SleazEbay.

So now the question is............................... what is the next mod? I think some Mugen Racing Seats, Mugen Steering Wheel, and Mugen rims would really set off that swap!! (^_^)

and dont forget the Mugen badge!!

Please post some more pics of that car, like the exterior!!! We are here to help spend yer money!! hahahaa :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: MORE PARTS YOU NEED BELOW :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
Registered
692 Posts
-you have got to be kidding me.... beautiful. i'll have to send that pic to my buddy with the s2000. i look forward to hearing more about it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:shock: wow, thats a crazy swap, did you do it yourself? I remember seeing a Miata on the M.net forum where someone did that swap, but later sold the car on SleazEbay.

So now the question is............................... what is the next mod? I think some Mugen Racing Seats, Mugen Steering Wheel, and Mugen rims would really set off that swap!! (^_^)

and dont forget the Mugen badge!!

Please post some more pics of that car, like the exterior!!! We are here to help spend yer money!! hahahaa :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: MORE PARTS YOU NEED BELOW :mrgreen:

PhatMiata
haha.. yeah, mugen EVERYTHING!!! No, I don't think thats going to work actually. I could see some honda ricer pulling up to my car in the parking lot and keying it for putting Mugen stuff on a mazda. I do however have a spoon shift knob :) Thats about as far as i'll go.

I have some pics up in the album under "roadster conversions".

I did all the work myself (other than the machine shop work obviously). Do you think its a sin to put a Honda motor into a mazda??? ;)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
I did all the work myself (other than the machine shop work obviously). Do you think its a sin to put a Honda motor into a mazda??? ;)

...... nah, its no different than the 180SX, Ford 5.0, or GTR32 motor swaps ive seen. THIS FORUM is all about modifing your Roadster, in whatever way you wish. Im sure some will like it and others wont, but all that really matters is what you think, you are the one driving it. :mrgreen:

we WELCOME you!! and your miata with the heart transplant. =D>

PhatMiata

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

...... nah, its no different than the 180SX, Ford 5.0, or GTR32 motor swaps ive seen. THIS FORUM is all about modifing your Roadster, in whatever way you wish. Im sure some will like it and others wont, but all that really matters is what you think, you are the one driving it. :mrgreen:

we WELCOME you!! and your miata with the heart transplant. =D>

PhatMiata

Thanks... I did this swap because I was looking to be different, and Im pretty happy with how it tuurned out. Plus, its a lot of fun when a ricer civic pulls up to me and revs his engine just to find out i have Vtec too :)

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Awesome swap... Now you just need IRTB! Make that VTEC scream like a little girl in front of an axe murder!

·
Registered
692 Posts
did you use the s2000's 6spd tranny as well? i think its great, you'd be hard pressed to ever have 240hp (reliably) on the b6 or bp engine for the price of the the honda's f20c. ive heard electronics can be a pain when doing an f20 swap(saw t3's trueno) what did you encounter?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you use the s2000's 6spd tranny as well? i think its great, you'd be hard pressed to ever have 240hp (reliably) on the b6 or bp engine for the price of the the honda's f20c. ive heard electronics can be a pain when doing an f20 swap(saw t3's trueno) what did you encounter?

Yeah, I used the 6 speed from the S2000. really had no problems with the electronics other than my dumb ass hooking up one wire to the wrong spot. Took me like a month to track down the problem to get it to start. Other then that, its basicly an s2000 inside a miata. Fuse boxes, harness', dash cluster, etc...

Oh, and IRTB would be awsome, but wouldn't work well around town :) With the AEM CAI installed, Vtec sounds loud enough for me! goes from a really mellow sounding stock car to an indy car in seconds :)

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
wow such clean swap.

Very good work. The gauge cluster is always so cool to have. If you live in socal I deffinatly want to see it in person!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What miata club do you meet up with and where do you usually meet? Im in San Diego

·
Registered
692 Posts
look out for posts in the events section, especially by roadstarjdm (aka bill wilner). roadsterdrift.com has an occaisonal meet as well as this site.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
look out for posts in the events section, especially by roadstarjdm (aka bill wilner). roadsterdrift.com has an occaisonal meet as well as this site.
well, if I don't see the post, let me know when/ where if you happen to think about it.

Oh, and I was thinking about a nice video for you guys. I'll post one once I get it made

·
Mufasa in Training
32,642 Posts

The pointies don't see it that way...nevermind the fact that it's a well acknowledged fact that Honda engines work better N/A than the B6/BP ever will :roll:

·
Registered
582 Posts
drool! that is crazy! =D> good job and good choice on the motor! nothing is better than a very reliable high reving miata! =D>

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed a comptech charger on my dads 2001 s2000 about a month ago and Its making me think about throwing a charger on mine now :) I think my car still might be a little faster then his is though, due to the weight difference. But, that charger sure does pull! It would be a tight fit making it work in my car, but would be worth the work!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Was your car in a magazine before? I seem to remember seeing a f20c engine Miata in one of the import mags.

How did you deal w/ the PPF/ trans mounts issues? You need to do a how-to write up for us!

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
jaw drops......................

Clean swap and congratulations =D>

You should get a sticker that reads "powered by vtec.'' LOL the irony.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts