ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Welcome man!

Every time I see black AP1 wheels, i keep thinking "you know, I should paint mine"... but I keep wussing out. :) 01 Spa for me.

Which radiator cover are you running? I've been scouting covers as part of a test I want to do on the OEM airbox, but I haven't committed to any yet. (I ran some temp tests earlier this year comparing open-top to closed box, and the open box heatsoaked an extra 50-80 degrees, BTW).

... but I'll confess with it being 30-40 degrees in Washington lately, I've been running with it open just to hear that induction note too. ;)

Anyhow, hang around for a while! Guess i'm not the only S2k guy anymore.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Welcome!

Do you also have a Miata/Roadster, or are you considering getting one?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Tim, I think S2000s are roadsters too.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Tim, I think S2000s are roadsters too.
Yes, but this is a MAZDA Roadster Site, as stated at the top of the page.

I know his car is a roadster, as is the guy with the MR2, but our focus here is on "Mazda Roadster Tuning Enthusiasts"

I'm not saying the non Mazda guys aren't welcome.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Welcome, clean S2K! Co-worker is considering getting one, I told him I'd help him modify it if when he got it :mrgreen:

Tim, he might know someone or have someone in the family w/ a Miata and was told about how nice we are here. I'm sure all of us could appreciate someone else w/ a true sense of automotive love here. :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I was out last night with a few friends from the board. They gave me a business card with the forum on it and told me to join. ANd yes i will be purchasing a 90 Miata this summer...

Caldera- Yeah i def understand what your saying with the air box off, On my last dyno we did a pull with the air box on 182whp 134ft.lbs and with it off 198whp. 134ft.lbs... So it showed on the dyno. But all i had then was a Spugen Exhaust and the KN filter. But next im going to be buying a VAFC2 and a Ricks header. Also doing Neuspeed Springs along with Konis with the adjustable purches.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I was out last night with a few friends from the board. They gave me a business card with the forum on it and told me to join. ANd yes i will be purchasing a 90 Miata this summer...

Caldera- Yeah i def understand what your saying with the air box off, On my last dyno we did a pull with the air box on 182whp 134ft.lbs and with it off 198whp. 134ft.lbs... So it showed on the dyno. But all i had then was a Spugen Exhaust and the KN filter. But next im going to be buying a VAFC2 and a Ricks header. Also doing Neuspeed Springs along with Konis with the adjustable purches.
Wiiierd! All i felt was mid-range sag when i pulled mine. When it warms up it's goin' back on! :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
welcome!

I've always had a thing for S2Ks.

oh and BTW, if you ever wreck the S2k, can I have your engine?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice S2K...any plans for it?

Any how my little brother has an 03' white S2k equipped with Comptech supercharger, comptech exhaust, ohlins suspension, and Brembo big brakes.

That car is sweet! but hopefully my lil girly car can slap it around! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts