ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well My names courtney Holder (cory for short) but just call me Sly. I just got my miata in january and painted it in april. I do my own work and make my own kits..... cuz i'm cheap lol. I also just got Miata of the month at Miata.net. here s a link http://miata.net/motm/2006/holder.html I also got in a ad for one of Modified Mags websites this month. if you want to see more of my car heres a good place. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2333362

hope to hear from some of you members soon. till then have fun.[/img]

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Welcome Cory!

Very nice work on your Miata! I'm impressed!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
You and I have way different ideas on what makes a great looking Miata, that's for sure. :-k

·
Registered
465 Posts
welcome, nice job i like it. 8) you gonna do anything else to the rear in the future? looks like it could use some eye candy compared to the rest of the car but overall i like it. dig the paint job too

·
Registered
441 Posts
its not really to my tastes but well done on making the bits yourself takes some skill

·
Registered
971 Posts
Congrats on MOTM and welcome to the forum.

Its a little too much "stuff" for my taste, but it's obvious that you've put a ton of work into the car. Looks like everything is well done, so nice job to ya!!

I see on your CarDomain site that you got it for $150!! Killer deal!!

What's the front bumper?

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Nice work, and welcome.

Anyone who does their own DIY work gets two thumbs up in my book

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey thanks every1. I'm starting on the handling now. going to get a new suspension kit then a new brake kit. then i'll start on the engine. I'm thinking of doing a engine swap with a new model miata. oh yeah then i'll turbo charge it. and i'm planing on putting a small wing on the back and some new exhaust tips for the dual muffler i made. I like show and Go so i'm going for at least 200-300 hp on this one.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Welcome to the site Cory, glad you found us, lots of custom work on your ride, all DIY too, wow, thats alot of work! You designed the front bumper from scratch too!?! cool!!

PhatMiata

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
So wait. If I call this guy a RICER I'll get a warning? What's up with that?
Yeah, thats like calling a Mexican a Mexican.. and then someone getting offended by it. I don't get it either.

I don't personally like the things he did... not my taste, but I do appreciate that he did it himself and that he did it the way he wanted! If all miata's looked like mine, i'd be pissed! So Im glad people do have different taste then I do. In fact, if I see ONE that looks like mine im ripping it apart and starting over. So, I guess I can appreciate originality.

·
1,213 Posts
Let's all play nice ...

if you don't have anything constructive to say about someones ride then probably better not post anything ...

everyone has different tastes and there are plent of roadsters around for everyone to do what they want with them !

one thing for sure though is that is a hell of a lot of work done to your car mate, and DIY too !!! I salute you :lol:

·
Mufasa in Training
32,850 Posts
So wait. If I call this guy a RICER I'll get a warning? What's up with that?
You didn't have to call him anything. You can simply say "I don't really care much for the style of your car, but welcome to the forum in any case". Instead, you take up the wrong attitude and dismiss him with one word that everyone knows has a rather negative connotation.

Honestly, as much as people decry the attitudes sometimes expressed on M.net, things like this are just as bad. If you don't like something, just say so, maybe even why. That said, don't just toss an epithet over the fence and walk away with your nose in the air.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Anyone who builds all of their own stuff and does all the body work themselves needs to be respected. IMO.

The car my not be to my tastes but he built it that way and im sure there are people out there who really dig it.

Regardless welcome to the forum !

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.