ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I am looking into ordering a HID Kit for my low beams on my 01 Miata. So if anyone has HID's on their NB2, can you share where you bought your kit and whether you are using 35W or 55W?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
441 Posts
DDM tuning. I have the 8k 35W. 55W is brighter and less blue. 35W is plenty for me. And you better have projectors!

Welcome to CR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used ddm when buying a kit for my old 240sx, but it had a power wire. I didn't know if the kit would need me to run a power line all the way from the trunk. But I was real happy with ddm previously.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts

Which exactly did you guys order? I have a 2002 SE and am looking into upgrading my ow beams into HID's and actually adding HID's into my fogs.

I know absolutely nothing about lighting and just want a good reliable setup. I mostly like the color of my Aunt's 2006 Acura TL - so I'm not sure which "k" bulb to get or anything else.

Anybody wanna hook me up with some advice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Get the kit that fits your car. Since you have a nb2 its the 9006 kit for low beams and a different one for high. If your looking for maximum performance and ultimate cutoff get the projector and put it in the headlight but with the nb2 headlights its not necessary just nice to have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Question for NA owners, where do you mount the ballasts? My driver side light keeps getting stuck on it..
I don't have pics of the ballast, but I shaved away a good portion of the back of both the driver and passenger sides of the 5mph bumper, and fabbed up some brackets to mount the ballasts to the core support.

Not worried about splash at all.

I also mounted my lamps in the parking lamp hole. I don't use my stock headlights anymore...

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Pics of lamps in the parking lamp location? You mean you just put the HID's in your turnsignals? Or did you put projectors there?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
lol. . . you sensed where i was going eh? lol

·
LL cool Dave
2,603 Posts
anything but Xentec. **** broke on me in a couple weeks :(
I had xentec for almost a year before I sold my car. Didn't have an issue with them. The reason was simple, I properly installed them with power running straight to them, not the oem light harness

1 - 20 of 40 Posts