ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fuckin smart
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so a few days ago I started having this problem. When I would start my car at night and start driving, I would notice the high beam indicator flciker a few times. I then noticed that the high beams were actually flickering as well. I havent noticed it happening after the first maybe 30 seconds of having the car on but its annoying nonetheless. Prior to this, maybe 2 weeks before having this issue, I installed es300 fog lights. I powered them using an add-a-fuse and a relay so its on its own circuit. I also had the relay switched by the low beam wire on my left headlight. Now, normally you look to the last thing you changed but Im thinking it may just be a coincidence.

Searching I found people suggesting maybe a ground, the high beam filament sagging and touching the low beam filament, etc.

Im just curious is anyone has had any similar problems and what it ended up being?

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground involving temperature expansion. The ground connection is probably expanding with heat and making good contact and that's why it stops

·
fuckin smart
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I replaced the fuse with one from the junk yard and nothing. I disconnected the fog lights, no change. I cleaned the main ground, the ground under the brake booster and the one behind the header, still nothing. There wasn't any sign of corrosion or melting at the headlight harness, the relay or the combo switch harness. I'm going to try to test another switch to see if that's the problem. If not someone suggested it could be a short somewhere but I have no idea how to find that. Is there any circuit that isn't headlight related that could mess with the headlight function?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts