ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are in my back yard and I had never been there before yesterday. I knew they took care of the RSR drift cars. But I didn't know that they also worked on a ton of miatas. (a couple were at the shops with pics of a couple in drift events on the wall...) The owner of the shop (Koji) is building a 1.9l 11:1 NA motor for his car. He also had some custom and 1 off parts for miatas I had not seen before - like a linearly adjustable front swaybar.

I didn't have time to align my car before going to the track this weekend, and I had them do it. They were very maticulous, and nut and bolted the suspension for me without being asked.

So am I the last one to the party? Do all you guys already know about them?

Hiro's Auto Repair
3041-D Enterprise St
Costa Mesa CA 92626
714-545-5090

Later
Matt

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty friendly guys. When you go, ask for Koji. And tell him Matt with SCC told you to ask to see the linearly adjustable sway bar. it will boggle your mind...

M

·
0 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:00 pm]...ask to see the linearly adjustable sway bar. it will boggle your mind...
What does that mean? It can be made wider?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It stays the same width. Otherwise it wouldn't fit the car. hard to discribe. the center section of the bar has a variable thickness sleeve which can change the stiffness of the bar with the turn of a bolt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just called Koji for an appointment. Going there for an alignment

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
the guys def know what they are doing as far as drifting and/or roadsters go.
have had my alignment set by them twice and will continue going to them.

kevin

M

·
0 Posts
Maybe i should take my car to them to do my bushings and coilovers?

they quoted me $710 for 16 bushings, coilover install and setup.

and westend quoted me 650$

so far the best one i found is 500$

yikes.
Try Matt Hill @ Hill's Performance Solutions in Signal Hill 562-490-0117

He can do the R&R on the arms and bushings, the coilover install, and corner weighting, but he doesn't do alignment.

He mostly does roll cages and setup on RX-7 and Spec Miata race cars.

Tell him I sent you and he'll charge you extra.

:lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that bushing job is a bitch. I took my arms to eric messley to have them done, and it still cost me about $300.

cheap is one thing. Making sure it is done right is another. I know Darren at west end will do a good job, too. Do your numbers include corner balancing and alignment with him?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts