ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit some bumps in the road and lost all power, Check light came on, had to coast to a near by park, Recently just changed the Crank Angle Sensor so i know that wasn't the culprit because, I have: Pulled the plug wires and getting Spark, Motor Turns over, & Fuel is getting in, Oil Pressure is good, Lights come on, Battery terminals are tight. Now What??? Anyone found themselves in this position? Please let me know.... Thanks!!

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
Fuel may be getting in, but may not be enough. You should check your fuel pressure.

·
Registered
967 Posts
If it died after a hitting a bump I'd suspect a ground wire came loose. My buddy and I have experienced compression, fuel, and spark in an NA that still wouldn't run right until we removed and cleaned all the grounds. Runs fine now. Can't really explain exactly why, it just does.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
If it died after a hitting a bump I'd suspect a ground wire came loose. My buddy and I have experienced compression, fuel, and spark in an NA that still wouldn't run right until we removed and cleaned all the grounds. Runs fine now. Can't really explain exactly why, it just does.
This was my next suggestion.

·
Supporting Member
1,724 Posts
lol huh? I had no thunder going just agreeing with you that it could be that as well. And actually makes more sense.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Taking everything in consideration, will post up when/if i find something viable. Thanks all!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: The car just gotten the timing belt within a month, According to the mechanic, The belt slipped a tooth or two on the intake side, and about 3 on the exhaust side. Luckily, the motor shut down to prevent any damage and camshafts and all timing aspects are back to TDC. Everything is tight and hopefully will not happen again.

·
Beeeeer!
1,723 Posts
Non interference engine, tooth off on belt means it runs like **** or doesnt but no chance of damage.

·
Registered
412 Posts
well at least you found the prob, I was going to say Coil issue.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
3,857 Posts
UPDATE: The car just gotten the timing belt within a month, According to the mechanic, The belt slipped a tooth or two on the intake side, and about 3 on the exhaust side. Luckily, the motor shut down to prevent any damage and camshafts and all timing aspects are back to TDC. Everything is tight and hopefully will not happen again.
Whaaaat???
I'm sorry but I honestly can't understand how this can happen. It's not that the engine is flexing or anything like that, and the belt itself doesn't have any big mass to move out position because of the bump. Unless if your pulley springs are totally ruined I think this is almost impossible to happen (on a brand you belt).

I have been driving on the streets a miata with 900lbs/inch (that's 16kg/mm) for the last 3-4 years without any issues - not that this is a proof but I'm just saying...

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Whaaaat???
I'm sorry but I honestly can't understand how this can happen. It's not that the engine is flexing or anything like that, and the belt itself doesn't have any big mass to move out position because of the bump. Unless if your pulley springs are totally ruined I think this is almost impossible to happen (on a brand you belt).

I have been driving on the streets a miata with 900lbs/inch (that's 16kg/mm) for the last 3-4 years without any issues - not that this is a proof but I'm just saying...
16kg/mm springs not hitting the bumpstops is still more comfortable (i'd imagine) than any other setup hitting the bumpstops. I can only speak through experience with 12kg/mms.

·
3,857 Posts
16kg/mm springs not hitting the bumpstops is still more comfortable (i'd imagine) than any other setup hitting the bumpstops. I can only speak through experience with 12kg/mms.
That is very true, I know because for years I was riding on the bumpstops :phillyb: .
Regardless of that there are a lot of people hitting the bumpstops constantly and still I haven't heard of a new belt skipping teeth due to a bump. Think about it, it's not that the head and the block would move against each other due to the bump.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It may of not been the big bump in the road, but thats when the motor stopped. It may have been a loose pulley, but everything is back in spec. The belt was taken out and inspected it's brand new and didn't show any stretching or wear. Hopefully it wouldn't happen again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts