ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after procrastinating with the installation of a greddy style urbo kit I think I might just stay N/a and go with cams instead.
I can get the HKS stuff at a great price.
But now here come the questions. I have built many honda motors in the past so I know what is involved with building a motor up to handle the abuse of cams and the way they are driven but who here has done cams on their 1.6 daily driven car?
I want to know if I need to, like with other motors I've done, completley rebuild the head or can I half ass this one and just throw in the cams?
LOL
I know I will need to bump fuel output a bit so I will take care of that with a Apex AFC neo that I already have.
Should I go get new valve springs? who sells them for the miata?
also what is the stock thickness of the head gasket?
HKS sells a 2.0 mm unit and a 1.2mm unit. Are either one stock thickness?
I hope to get either cams in this thing of a turbo kit installed by this next weekend coming up so lend me some guidance on what I should dump my money into.
Any links would be great. thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if I run the more mild cam that HKS has to offer I can cover engine management with an Apex SAFC.

thanks for the links.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay so I have been searching around but so far been unlucky with finding anything relavant.
I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of powerband I would be achieving if I went with raised compression pistons. I would consider bumping to about 11.0-11.5:1 compression. And of course suplementing that with headers and a straight exhaust. I already have an Aluminum toda flywheel and clutch combo on my car. I would also upgrade the fuel pump and instal injectors from the 1.8 liter engine and map it all out with the Apex AFC. and for cams I would only run the mild intake cam from HKS most likely since my pricing on those isn't bad at all.
What do you all think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts