ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
I think...

I'm not sure what i'm supposed to think.

What are you looking for?

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
Would it work on the MSM(turbo and downpipe etc) and not sound like pure rice ? :p

It's hard to make a turbo car sound ricey, so i'd imagine you'd be ok. :)

Rest of the exhaust stock besides the downpipe?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well. its all stock now. i got a downpipe on layaway from FM. im going to get a local shop to do the rest.

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
Well. its all stock now. i got a downpipe on layaway from FM. im going to get a local shop to do the rest.

I think FM downpipe, 2.5" piping, a resonator/inline muffler, and an HKS can would probably sound pretty decent.

It's pretty hard to make an MSM sound outright BAD.

I'm not happy with mine, but it does sound GOOD. (It's just not loud enough.)

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
All you need is a muffler on an MSM... no cat, no res, no bullshit. It will sound great. Trust me.

They sound awesome with only a turbo muffling... straight pipe.

I'm guessing that's why mine is so quiet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think FM downpipe, 2.5" piping, a resonator/inline muffler, and an HKS can would probably sound pretty decent.

It's pretty hard to make an MSM sound outright BAD.

I'm not happy with mine, but it does sound GOOD. (It's just not loud enough.)
What do you have ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All you need is a muffler on an MSM... no cat, no res, no bullshit. It will sound great. Trust me.

They sound awesome with only a turbo muffling... straight pipe.

Well, FM sells the downpipe with a cat. so im just gonna leave a cat on it. the res however, is gone. lol

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
What do you have ?
Well, FM sells the downpipe with a cat. so im just gonna leave a cat on it. the res however, is gone. lol

I could have sworn someone sells a downpipe without a cat... Might be Begi.

And i have a full FM system, turbo back.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds incredible, it's just real quiet. I'm not big on being the loudest thing around or anything, but the bark currently does not match the bite.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could have sworn someone sells a downpipe without a cat... Might be Begi.

And i have a full FM system, turbo back.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds incredible, it's just real quiet. I'm not big on being the loudest thing around or anything, but the bark currently does not match the bite.
Begi's is really expensive compaired to FM. thats why i went with FM.

·
Bimmer Challenge - B5
2,397 Posts
You can weld on a spark plug defouler the size of the o2 sensor. That's what I did for mine.

You will need to port the wastegate inlet to avoid boost creep without a cat... and probably add a resistor to eliminate boost cut.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can weld on a spark plug defouler the size of the o2 sensor. That's what I did for mine.

HAHA. I watched that vid yesterday. .. Where exactly is the o2 sensor ? cus if i take out the cat and it gets a bad reading wont it throw a code ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts