ClubRoadster.net banner

Hold Light Flashing And No Speedo

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  LUV2TURN 
#1 ·
I BOUGHT A SLICK BLACK 95 MIATA FOR MY NEXT 5.0 CAR. I WOULD LIKE TO DRIVE IT TILL THE FALL - BUT THE HOLD LIGHT IS FLASHING AND SPEEDO IS NOT WORKING. IT STILL SHIFTS FINE. I HAVE READ MANY FORUMS AND NO ONE HAS ANY ANSWERS. SOME SAY ( TPS ) SOME SAY BAD TRANS. SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS

#7 ·
Tam- ROFLMFAO!!!

Seriously though, you may want to check your grounds from and to the motor. Check the one especially under your brake resevoir as it may be corroded. As far as a "hold" light, do you mean a Engine light or airbag light? Check Alternator as well like H_C stated

#8 ·
The hold button is on the side of the automatic shifter. The hold light is on when you hold the button to keep it in a specific gear. If the light flashes it tells you of a trans problem.On other forums they say it is a common problem with automatic miatas---------fixed my cap lock. cry baby

#10 ·
The hold button is on the side of the automatic shifter. The hold light is on when you hold the button to keep it in a specific gear. If the light flashes it tells you of a trans problem.On other forums they say it is a common problem with automatic miatas---------fixed my cap lock. cry baby
What is this "automatic" you speak of?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.