ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be installing Flex coilovers in a couple weeks with the stock spring rates. I know they need a larger than stock front bar but I'm uncertain of the benefit of one over the other. I like the fact that the tubular bar weighs less especially since its in the nose. Aside from this I also no it's stiffer than the solid bar. I guess my question is with the Flex rates would I notice a difference in balance between the solid and tubular bar? I also understand that it's advised to run no rear bar with the RB front bar and Flex. Is this true of both the solid and tubular, or does the stiffer tubular allow a stock rear bar.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I highly recomend it...I run my 94 with stock spring rates flexes with all racing beat stuff to go with it.... tubular front, blocks/bolts, brace kit, and endlnks.

for the rear no sway bar. the car is unbelievably neutral @ auto-x. can fine tune oversteer or understeer just by adjusting the flexes.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems then that the hollow bar is def. useful for the stock rates. This is primarily a street car driven "spriritedly" on back roads that may see some track time in the not so near future. And I don't autocross. It also gets driven all winter so neutral and not oversteer biased is what I need. I'll be ordering the RB tubular bar soon.

·
Registered
324 Posts
On street tires, for STS2 class, the car definitely asks for a bigger bar, other than my somewhat small FM bar.

On race tires, the car doesn't ask for it. It's between neutral to slight understeer. Could slap on the stock bar back on.

This is all on an HA setup with no rear bar, and FM's front bar to full stiff. Spring rates are 5K front, and 4K rear. Ride height 12F, and 12.5R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts