ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you but i like the sound of my home depot lip (gardening edge) scrapping on the curb every morning. After I lower my car the lip will then be about 2in off the ground. Enough about what I think what do you think about home depot lips? Post pic of custom lips if you want to.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
nice fab. i've known 1 other that didi that on a civic, but it was a poor job and flexed a lot...if it stays stationary than its as good as it can get minus the brake cooling duct from a factory r-lip.

btw...give us the total cost of this mod?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i used a heat-gun on mine even tho its a factory r-lip. the bumper is stretched a bit along with the lip, then locked down on the inner brace hole by the outer fender, heat-gunned to keep form...hope you can use heatgun technique instead of zip ties and eventually bolt it down permanently. and of course, share with others on the total cost and steps to have a make @ home lip.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
somebody make a write-up =P

this should hold me over until i get a GV lip

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess I'd try that. My garage is on a weird angle. I sometimes scrape my regular front bumper and I'm not even lowered. Gonna **** it up anyway-- might try a cheap (slightly ugly) substitute. :)

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
home depot lips, yes. been there, done that. definately better than stock in this case for a few bucks.

...which are currently on sale at rspeed. =D> shipping was cheaper than I expected so now I wait...

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
home depot lips, yes. been there, done that. definately better than stock in this case for a few bucks.

...which are currently on sale at rspeed. =D> shipping was cheaper than I expected so now I wait...

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Must resist, cant give in......must not...not push "add to order" button......

<starting to twitch> :lol:

OMG, it hurts!!!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts