1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
---
520 Posts
More info??

·
Registered
56 Posts
looks like morimoto minis? How far does the back end stick out? there is a .5" difference versus the FX-rs... Maybe ill sell my retrofit and start a new project. Cus cutting into headlights is fun and addicting

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do want!! Install and show us the cut-off pattern!

I used to drive an Audi S4 and going from those HIDs to the Miata's headlights was a serious downgrade...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wire harness I got needs a outside power source. Where's a power source in the engine bay that can power headlights? If anything I'll just run a wire from trunk to the bay. Fog light wire is already taken by my fog lights.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Wire harness I got needs a outside power source. Where's a power source in the engine bay that can power headlights? If anything I'll just run a wire from trunk to the bay. Fog light wire is already taken by my fog lights.
Take the lid off the fuse box, remove the 10mm bolt in the center that holds the ring terminal to the distribution block, feed the headlight wire into the fuse box from the bottom, and put the bolt back in, such that it holds both the ring terminal that was there and the headlight terminal in place. This is exactly what I did for the headlight project that I just finished. It's clean, simple, and effective. The main line that goes into the fuse box comes from the battery so there's no sense in running a new wire all the way back there.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I relocated my battery in the 240 to the back as well.

Ran into 3 issues that I'm not going to workout for a while so don't expect update for a while. Less Clarence than I thought. And I broke the cover on one housing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Are those ebays retro fitted with projectors?

I have the same lights and also doing the same thing I picked up some smaller lens projectors at the local JY today

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah. Got the shitty eBay housings and retrofitted a projector. Ran them today. Holy ****! These things put everything on the street to shame. Perfect cutoff. Fairly wide. Not s2k wide but lights up both lanes without blinding anyone.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nice job on the retrofit. I plan on doing the same thing with Morimoto Mini D2S projectors in eBay housings.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yeah. Got the shitty eBay housings and retrofitted a projector. Ran them today. Holy ****! These things put everything on the street to shame. Perfect cutoff. Fairly wide. Not s2k wide but lights up both lanes without blinding anyone.
I've had mine for a yr(eBay "projector lens) and the glass is turning yellow just letting u know there gonna turn

1 - 20 of 72 Posts