1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
526 Posts
I made one out of dimpled aluminum that I found in the scrapbooking section of a craft store! It was in 12"X12" sheets so theres a joint line at the narrowest part, but it looks pretty sharp. I 3M taped it onto magnetic sheet and sprayed it with clearcoat since the quality of the metal was unknown. Its stood up to several coolant and oil spills during reg. maintenance.

I have the black plastic OEM one on the BRG.. if you flip it, the peep-hole for the A/C check window fits perfectly over the washer fluid spout on ABS cars.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ohhh, not a bad idea lol. ill mess around with it tomorrow. i just used tin snips to round the corners... i slapped a penny up where the corner is and drew it on there and just tin snipped it. thanks for the comment.

·
Registered
332 Posts
dammit i was thinking about doing that too but you posted it first..muahah how did you take off the air bag sensor? just bolt it off and it's done? or did you actually take off the whole wiring harness and everything?

·
Registered
117 Posts
That actually looks really good. I think I may attempt this as well, though I think I'll scuff mine up and paint it to match the rest of my engine bay.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea man, nice easy project. i just used cardboard to make the template. i was gunna paint it, but i didn't have any paint i liked laying around.

·
Registered
332 Posts
did you see any difference in the temperature? or the actual heat of the engine when you pop the hood? i think imma do this..this comming friday..HEHE i have a bunch of sheet metal just waiting

1 - 20 of 32 Posts