ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does anyone else find it really hard to start writing papers for college, I always procrastinate to the last second.. should be working on it right now

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have a hard time too, are you paying for college out of your own pocket?

you want to do try a lot harder when you are lol

·
Registered
321 Posts
slutz4, I hear you. I hate my english class as well. Teacher is.. eh. I saw a red NA in the staff parking so I'd better not say anything in case it belongs to him and he happens to frequent Miata forums...Haha :mrgreen:

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Im #1 when it comes to procrastinating LOL I have 4 papers due tomorrow in fact.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well Im halfway done with my paper, its about the I have a Dream Speech, I have to give examples in it of how we still have racial problems in the United States,
I listed such things as
Todays schools, minorities and jobs, how legal system sometimes treats african americans, anyone have some input on this topic to give me ideas to write about??

·
Registered
108 Posts
For some reason, I never procrastinated in high school , but when I went to college I got really lazy. I then decided to take the toughest major, mechanical engineering, you hardly have to write any papers, but you better be able to do tons of math problems. I think I'm starting to get rid of my procrastinating was after a few years of college, hopefully I can hold out another couple years. Then I really get to have a lot more fun a grown up job. :roll:

I don't know If I can handle writing another one of those 10+ page research papers about some random topic.

·
Registered
563 Posts
No more school for me :) But ya I feel ya on the papers, it's mainly just to weed out the kids that can't for sentences longer than "Would you like fries with that?" JK

·
Registered
605 Posts
For some reason, I never procrastinated in high school , but when I went to college I got really lazy. I then decided to take the toughest major, mechanical engineering, you hardly have to write any papers, but you better be able to do tons of math problems. I think I'm starting to get rid of my procrastinating was after a few years of college, hopefully I can hold out another couple years. Then I really get to have a lot more fun a grown up job. :roll:

I don't know If I can handle writing another one of those 10+ page research papers about some random topic.
I was the opposite. High school for me was going through the motions and killing time. I skated by on luck and smarts and social engineering and put in no effort. I kind of regret that now, because I could've done great things, but the opportunities were limited for me by geography, anyway (I lived in BFE).

College, on the other hand, was a place I chose to be and work I chose to do. And yeah, I did so many problem sets it seemed like they'd never end (I was EE) but motivation was always there.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think i'm the worst at procrastinating. I find myself doing papers right before class starts in the computerlabs at school. HAHA atlesat i passed most of my classes this sem

·
CR.net Supporter
653 Posts
oh boy it sounds like i will enjoy mechanical engineering.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
No more homework for me, hahaha!! I'm done writing 20 to 50-page lab reports during last semester.

My mechanical engineering degree is just around the corner. Just one class left and it's only focused on building/design a mechanism project for the entire semester.

Though ME is supposedly hard, it's worth it, especially if you are in a good engineering school. You just have to keep at it and by your, say, 3rd or 4th year (haha), it'll finally start to make sense. Note: I took a physics class and fluid mechanics twice, but glad I did and learned a lot more. ^_^;

·
Registered
204 Posts
well Im halfway done with my paper, its about the I have a Dream Speech, I have to give examples in it of how we still have racial problems in the United States,
I listed such things as
Todays schools, minorities and jobs, how legal system sometimes treats african americans, anyone have some input on this topic to give me ideas to write about??
Yo slutz4 - if you need some input or direction on the legal system, let me know. When I'm not cruising CR, I'm a lawyer... I do corporate litigation, but I know my way around minority-related constitutional law issues...shout if you need anything.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts