ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a full turbo "Home made" kit from my 1.6, i am looking to sell this stuff but i would like to knbow how much its worth first.
i have
manifold
Turbo
down pipe
FMIC
BOV (Noname/ebay?)
charge piping Home made
and a 2.5 in echaust with one 3in in/out forza muffler 5 in tip

here is a pic of some of the stuff, i can get pics of the rest of it if it helps

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Do you have pictures of it fitted?

What turbo is that?

Where's the waste gate?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was all removed from the car when i got the car. i can contact the old owner and see if he still has any.

i do have the wastgate, and no i do not know what turbo it is, i can look when i get home

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Hrmm... I can't wrap my head around how that charge piping even works, is it missing parts of it and an intercooler? I don't see how those two pipes go from the turbo to the throttle. Do you have any idea on their orientation? I mean the manifold looks thick, which is nice, but you should try laying it out to show it can be installed. Does the turbo have shaft play? As it lays on the floor it looks like a couple pieces are gone. If you can show it can be installed that should help the sale quite a bit.

If not, it really looks like a homebrew gamble. Who knows if it mates with the cat and exhaust, who knows if the piping is complete, who knows if it was removed because it needed replacing, who knows the quality of the welds? Without knowing any of that it's really just a DIYers project.

It would probably be worth getting in contact with the previous owner if possible. If you don't have information on it, and can't get ahold of him, I don't see this kit being worth much more than it's weight in steel. 200-300 tops without any information.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all of the piping meets up, the intercooler is not in the photo, but it all meets up. a little hood shaving will be needed to fit it.

the turbo is a T25

·
4,296 Posts
those parts in the pic are not a complete kit. the car wont run with just this stuff.

the manifold /dp are from ebay. originally made by Megan. the manifold is whatever. the downpipe is actually pretty nice , but the orientation make it a bitch to install.
the turbo is a 2nd gen Eclispe Garrett T25. small instant response in the low , dogs out in the upper rpm at about 15psi.
easily a $300 pile of parts. excellent for someone to turbo their car ,and learn what theyre doing . but definately a diy'er kit .

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Fmic, wastage, k&n filter, and another shot of the turbo

Extra parts, oil lines, return line, brackets and some other ****

Exhaust, it was cut so I could transport it. It I marked so welding it back together should be no big deal

This I the cutting tht is needed to fit the Ic piping

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, and I have a tapped oil pan as well but it is in the car. I would be down to trade for a non tapped one

·
Supporting Member
231 Posts
400 tops in my opnion... but you definately need to provide more info, mileage, part# or know exactly what part is what. Lol I could only imagine what guys would say on MT.net. I would honestly rebuild this kit, has a tad bit of potential. Don't know what your power goals are though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts