ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to people on the other site, hood lifts bend your hood. Now I think (I could be wrong) that that's the same answering machine response repeated ad nauseum there. (much like +25 offset will "ruin" handling)

So my clubroadster bretheren, what's the dealio? Any recs? How about for the trunk?

·
4,438 Posts
No they will not - the ones that Moss/Rspeed/IL Motorsport sell are form germany and slim profile and a bit softer in the actuation. Therefore no hood bending. The trunk one is the same.

Of course you want to make sure you install correctly and you want to make sure all your measurements for the ball joint (on the front hood) are perfect.

Back in the early days, there was a hood lift kit that was just one unit and very long and was a pain to install and would raise the one side a bit - but now the two shock method works great with no issues that I have seen.

Here is a shot of the pass side hood lift that is sold now by most vendors:

·
3,857 Posts
According to people on the other site, hood lifts bend your hood. Now I think (I could be wrong) that that's the same answering machine response repeated ad nauseum there. (much like +25 offset will "ruin" handling)

So my clubroadster bretheren, what's the dealio? Any recs? How about for the trunk?
It's true, I knew it, I got them and I'm happy =D>
They will but so what?
They bend the latches of the hood...
I think the -one side only- big hood lift shouldn't do that...but it's kind of ugly IMHO...

·
3,857 Posts
I just saw the post from the guru of miatas (the blue potato) so probably he knows better...
I got this impression from some pictures in mmm (miata marketing or somthing like that) and it was regarding the two small lifts that I got (IL Motorsport).
They were showing the profile of the hood and it was kind of raised...so they were selling these but they were saying that they will twist the latches after long term use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts