Discussion Starter #6
Thanks :) I've got a few bits and pieces waiting to be sprayed/fitted:

Centres of the wheels being painted
Tow Hooks (should be fitted tomorrow)
OEM Indicators tinted
TSIs to be painted
Ducktail Spoiler to be painted
Cam Cover to be painted
New front Bumper to be painted (as current one is damaged)

In the near future i'd like to get:

Stainless manifold,downpipe,de-cat and backbox
crystal headlamps
dished steering wheel
silicone hoses
brake conversion
hard top sprayed

I'm sure theres more but cant think of anything else at the moment

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small update...

Diff oil got changed today ready for the Drift day this saturday

Fitted my TSIs

The reason they're blue is because it's my new colour scheme, Vauxhall Arden Blue (but only details will be going blue). Heres a teaser of my wheels:

Thought it was time to upgrade the headlights,so bought some Crystal Clear 7" units from Ebay

Before (left) and After (right)

Had major problems with the screws rusting,but managed to sort it out.

With the TSIs fitted,they only allow a single light. So i decided to wire up some indicators to my front reflectors. Abit of cutting and wiring later they were working! Luckily i had some bulb holders from my Micra side repeaters that i bought ages ago,knew there was a reason why i kept them...

Heres a short video

http://youtu.be/zLqT9NiDkcM

Last but not least my Tow Hooks were fitted

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went to my 2nd drift day today,weather was dry but was quite windy and very cold! The track was damp to begin with but dried up by lunch time.

First few runs and i just kept spinning and the car had far too much grip. So a swap of the front wheels to green steels and the removal of the quick release boss,just leaving the dished Momo wheel and i headed back to the track.

The car started to kangeroo down the back straight and no one could figure out why,checked the rear tyres and i had 1x 185 and 1x 165 tyre. A swap around and the car pulled like a train! The car was still understeering very badly,so once back at the pits adjusted the tyre pressures and went back out. This time i had absolutely NO grip at all,a quick inspection and the front tyres were bald and the O/S front tyre had a bulge in it.

Swapped them for a pair of 13s and dropped the tyre pressures,headed back out and it was perfect! Managed to get a couple of runs in with the new found set up (after spending all day swapping things). First in the que for the next run and get told theres no more runs due to the flood lights not being able to be on.

All in all,a very good day once the car was sorted,still need ALOT of practice,but that sadly wont be till next year now.
Heres a short video of a few runs,mainly highlighting the better parts/runs of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhW5sOYnfA

Some images courtesey of a friend (plenty more to come though!)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Following on from my previous update,i've gotten round to sorting out the front side lights. After going to the scrappy and getting 2 new bulb holders...they're for offset pin bulbs (581 bulb) and not straight pin (380/207). So i re-used the original bulb holders which were straight,luckily!

Dispite the front sidelights looking orange,they are a normal clear bulb
Back in October for the Drift Day i battery decided to go bang,so thought i'd get something made up to remind me of my first 'battle scar'

Also to compliment the new tow hooks,i got some stickers

Last night i bought Forza 4,first hour i spent doing some races and getting used to the game. I then thought i'd do abit of customising and 5hrs later i had created this:

Photo quality isnt the greatest due to taking a photo of the TV screen and then uploading straight to facebook from my phone. Once XBL is sorted,i'll get the proper photos uploaded

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rocker Cover now painted:

Popped down to a local garage today to get my new stainless exhaust system fitted. Was gonna fit it myself at home,but it was gonna be much easier with a ramp.

4-2-1 Manifold fitted:

We then came across a problem! The manifold is a different manufacturer to the rest of the exhaust system. Which meant the de-cat pipe was far too long (approx 160mm too long). So we fitted the rest of the system and came back to it. We then measured and cut the de-cat making sure it all lined up then re-welded the
flange. Jobs a good 'un!

One of the back box hangers is too short to bend,so will need a longer exhaust rubber,but for now it sits fine :) Must say it sounds bloody awesome! Also found out when i got home she pops flames :p Dont think my neighbours are gonna like me from now on haha

·
Registered
945 Posts
Try cutting the hanger "in half." Just cut one side of the support (sorry if that makes no sense, but it works perfect fro what you need. The exhaust will hang better and not rub.

Also, why does that red car in the first couple post look weird? What did you do to it? lol, It's like a retarded WRX wagon.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts