ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just got new wheels (TR c1s) and put them on (with used tires that are balanced) and after 65mph its HORRIBLE shakes entire wheel so bad, so I figured it was my allignment and I needed one bad so went and got one but its still bad.

This leads me to believe these wheels arnt hub centric (correct me if I am wrong) which could be causing it? I have aluminum lug nuts on them now.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
They are out of balance. I had to have mine balanced twice to get it right.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These wheels were balanced and were done on the most accurate machine available at my friends dealership I litearlly watched him do them so I dont think that could be it.

And when I say wheel shake I mean its litearlly scary, shakes my entire arms completely if I hold onto it.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
If youre bored, switch the wheels from front to back.

Report back.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
These wheels were balanced and were done on the most accurate machine available at my friends dealership I litearlly watched him do them so I dont think that could be it.

And when I say wheel shake I mean its litearlly scary, shakes my entire arms completely if I hold onto it.
If its a road force machine, have them set it up for under 15lbs.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Two wheels balanced out perfect? I find that hard to believe.

You should try and have them rebalanced somewhere else.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Want to make a bet?:)

If I take them off and they fix it ill send you a nude of my puppy, if not you send me a MILLION DOLLARS.:p

And this place is a legit dealership balances hundreds of tires a day never had a problem, I remember him saying one balanced out perfect and I think later on another did but I am unsure of that, I went all winter with 4 unbalanced tires and never had an issue this is so bad that the tires would have to have a broken bead for it to be as bad as it is.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Aren't the new wheels wider and a lower offset than your old 6ul's? Seems like that'd make a bit of difference...

1 - 20 of 63 Posts